Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Elise's POV

I ran up the stairs to the roof. I needed to clear my head. I grabbed a chair and carried it out to the roof and sat down. I came here a lot when things became to much, but this was the extreme. A wolf? I had to be dreaming! I pinched myself and came to the conclusion that I was in the real world but extremely tired and delusional. I closed my eyes and blinked them open. "Elise! Are you leaving? I was going to see if I could borrow your chair."

"Huh? Yeah that's fine." I got up and walked down to administration, I had never called in sick before, never had I went home sick either, but today I felt like I needed to gp home and sleep. "Hey Elise, what's up?" My boss, an elderly man was walking out of his office right as I walked onto his floor.

"Sir, I'm feeling very ill and I'd hate to just up and leave work but I don't want to get anyone else sick." He smiled at me and told me it was fine to leave if I needed to, "Just be sure to clock out!" He shouted to me as I was walking to the stairs. I turned and smiled to him before continuing. I grabbed my things and walked out of the hospital and walking to my apartment. I made it in under 20 minutes and trudged up to my apartment, closing the door and collapsing onto the couch. I closed my eyes and soon after fell asleep.

What felt like minutes later I woke up to a banging on my door. I groaned and wiped the drool off my face. Attractive. I dragged myself to the door and just opened it as I trudged back to the couch. "Shut the door, take whatever you want. Money is in the purse, just don't wake me. I'll pretend it never happened." I pulled my pillow close to my head and curled up on my couch as I started to drift off again.

"But babe, I would never rob you." My eyes opened wide as I looked at Michael.

"The hell are you doing here!" I shouted as I sat up.

"I was told you went home sick, I brought you soup." I wanted to be mad at him but I was so hungry. "So you just let people rob you?"

"I'm tired, as long as he leaves me alone I'd let him take whatever." Michael's eyes darkened.

"Don't say that babe, robbers aren't that nice of people." I shrugged and reached for the bad he had set on my coffee table. I opened it and grabbed the soup and spoon and began to eat it. I think I was seriously sick, the soup burned my throat and a headache had started to form. I stopped eating and bit my lip. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, set the styrofoam bowl on my table and ran to the bathroom. I had just made it to my toilet when I began to vomit. I heaved and tried to pull my hair back with no luck as I clung to the seat for support. Michael came in and made a ponytail with his hand and rubbed my back in a relaxing circles. I heaved again as the vile came up stinging my throat. I stopped, feeling slightly better. The smell was killing me so I flushed the toilet and went to brush my teeth.

"Babe, I think you have a virus, you are really warm." I spit and walked out of the bathroom to my kitchen pulling an old ice cream bucket out from under the sink and walking to the couch again. I pulled a blanket off the top and rolled myself in it, turned on my TV, placed the bucket down and laid down myself. Michael came out and looked at me sadly. I let my eyes close as he came over to me. He lifted my head and rested it on his lap, I snuggled into him and kept my eyes shut. He rubbed my temple and I drifted off to sleep again, but this time I knew I'd stay asleep.

Michael's POV

She looked like an angel sleeping on my lap. I liked the feeling. She was hot and I knew she was really sick, being the doctor that I am I gently laid her head down on the couch and looked around for a thermometer. I found one and checked her tempature, 102, pretty high. I looked for some tylonal and woke her up. She took the pills and went right back to sleeping.

I lifted her bridal style and carried her to her room. As I set her down she snuggled into her bed and stirred slightly. I didn't really want to leave my mate while she was sick but I also didn't want to frighten her when she woke up. I decided I would stay in the living room and check on her fever every so often. I settled down on the couch and turned on her TV. My phone buzzed, my beta asking where I was.

Me: At Elise's house

Calen: Who's Elise?

Me: My mate

Calen: Oh! Gonna get some!

Me: Probably not bro, she's sick. And human

Calen: Oh dang. When you coming to the pack house?

Me: After I talk to her, she just found about wolves.

Calen: gotcha, I'll hold down the fort till then! See ya later

Me: Sounds good.

I put my phone in my pocket and looked at the TV, me being me and lazy I didn't look for the remote. I'm stuck watching Vampire Diaries, blah! This is gonna be a long night.