Epilogue

Epilogue (Alexius)

I woke to warm sunlight casting across my eyelids.

The intensity of it forced my eyes open and I found myself gazing up at a white painted ceiling with pale blue and navy blue swirls decorated across it, like the waves of a deep blue sea, crashing onto the white sandy shores of a beach.

I slowly turned my head to the left, staring at the white curtains across a tall window, billowing out and allowing the rays of golden sunlight to seep through. The sunlight trailed across a redwood floor, across the white and blue designed bed and I slowly turned my head to the right now, staring at the person who lay beside me.

I no longer woke to strangers, no longer woke to loneliness.

I woke to Killian Kirosis, the vampyre representative of the cambion realm called Erini. A realm that was completely inaccessible by gods, and most other creatures in times of war. A clean, unpolluted realm inhabitated by cambions and nymphs, and the single pureblood vampyre who shared my bed.

He lay there in complete peace and quiet, not even awakened by the sun that gleamed across his face and hair; hair that was long and pitch black, spread across his pillow like a spill of ink. His eyes were closed in sleep, long, black lashes contrasting sharply with his porcelain skin. The blankets and sheets only reached to his waist, the rest of his body revealed to me. A dark, muscular torso that rippled with as much power as it did beauty. A faint dust of hairs lazily led down, down, down to his groin that was hidden by the sheets.

I rolled onto my side to face him, gazing at him as he slept. He preferred to sleep into the afternoons most days, and I usually allowed him, but today we had a special event to attend and being late was not an option.

Of course, I knew one excellent way to wake this vampyre.

I scooted closer until my body was right up against his, reaching my hand out to stroke his chest, running my palm over the dips and curves of his muscles, my fingers pausing to rub circles around his nipples. He moaned in his sleep, tilting his head to the side to face me. I smiled slowly, watching those eyelids lift open to reveal a pair of sleepy, yet still powerfully crystal blue eyes. A lazy smile swept across his face, his fangs glinting in the sunlight teasingly.

"Good morning, love." He murmured sleepily, reaching up to place his hand over mine on his chest. I smiled a little more, then leaned forward to kiss him gently on the lips. He kissed me back, sighing afterwards as he tilted his head to look up at the ceiling thoughtfully before looking back at me.

"What time is it?" He asked. I propped myself up onto an elbow, peering over him to the wooden nightstand beside the bed where a potted spiral garden sat, the flowers blooming open to greet us and the sun. Beside it was a sleek white alarm block that read in bright blue numbers that it was about eleven in the morning.

"Eleven." I told him, lowering myself back down on the bed. Killian hummed at that, lacing our fingers together as he held my hand to his chest before he rolled over to face me. He leaned down, nuzzling my nose before kissing me on the lips. I returned his kiss, my lips tingling at the sensation before our lips parted. His tongue dove into my mouth, hot and demanding, and so early in the morning.

My whole body throbbed in pleasure for more, ached to be touched everywhere. I wanted so badly to spend yet another day in bed with him, feeling his body, tasting it. But we simply didn't have the time, so I broke the kiss first and rolled over out of bed.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Killian asked after he yawned widely, baring his fangs before he pushed the blankets back and climbed out of bed as I made my way to the dresser to grab some clothes for us. I tossed him a pair of black jeans and a blue tank top before I took out a pair of leather pants and a button down shirt for myself.