guts and glory

This chapter is probably going to be very, well, if you're squeamish I apologize. Also, this chapter is well over 2000 words. And the Gif is me Im so emotional writing this omg, make sure to read the a/n at the end (:

- Indigo -

"Wait, you want to take me to the lake?" I raise an eyebrow at Harry.

"Well, you, Tom and Izzy." He corrects me, smirking a slight bit.

"What sort of game are you playing, Styles?" I squint up at him.

These past few days he's completely ignored me, avoided my gaze and all until just now where he says he wants to take me to the lake that was an hour or so from my house.

"I'm not playing any game, I thought it'd be a way of relaxing and a good job on scoring a hundred on your test, trip, thing..." He stutters, his green eyes now looking upon the ground.

I smile. "Alright, when should we leave?"

We sit down in my room, him in my desk chair and me on my bed. I couldn't help but think of just how a mere few months ago we sat like this, just beginning the new friendship that eventually budded into something special.

Considering prom was next weekend, I was really beginning to worry on if Harry would even ask me. I really wanted him to, but it was coming close to being too late for getting a dress, corsage, shoes, all the other girly shit that I really want to experience with him, and him only.

"Are you even listening?" Harry chuckles when I do the dumb 'huh' moment.

"I said that since it's Friday I would like to leave today, get to the cabins and all that and then we can spend Saturday and half of Sunday down there and be back here in time for school." He explains.

I nod and smile. "What time should we leave? And who's car will we take?"

Harry and I spend twenty more minutes going over the plans and making a small to-do list. Afterwards, he left to go pack and pick up Tom and Izzy before coming back to get me.

I end up packing light clothes, a swim suit, towels, sun screen, Jesus sandals, Converse, some snacks, a book, and my phone charger.

As if on que, a car horn honks outside. Looking between the blinds, I see Harry's car with my closest friends laughing and chattering inside it.

"Have fun," my mom tells me and kisses my forehead.

"Not too much fun!" My dad yells, causing me to cringe impeccably.

"Bye guys!" I call back and quickly hightail it out of the house, my suitcase squeaking behind me.

"Welcome to the dump truck." Tom yells at me from the front seat when I opened the trunk of Harry's car.

I roll my eyes. "I think it's a nice car."

"Better than your piece of shit." Tom smirks.

I, again, roll my eyes and heave my bag into the trunk then I take a seat in the back next to Izzy after closing the trunk door.

"Can we get food?" Izzy whines.

"Yeah!" I nod in agreement.

"I want to get to the cabins!" Tom groans.

"I don't think you picked the right traveling buddies, Harry." I tease, earning an elbow jab from Izzy.

"I'm perfect, Indigo. The perfect buddy in any situation," Tom crosses his arms and huffs.

"We have enough time to stop off at McDonalds." Harry chuckles as we begin driving in the direction of the fast food restaurant.

We quickly retrieve our food and get settled in the car quietly. Izzy had on her sunglasses, her legs draped across mine while she snoozed happily.