idiot

Tom is Dylan oBrien k

- Indigo -

I stand in the practically empty parking lot, staring helplessly at the exit where Harry left me stranded. I couldn't help the tremble in my lip and the sag in my shoulders, I couldn't help the emptiness I felt in my chest.

"Indie?"

I spin around and see Tom standing behind me, a confused look on his face. I let the tears overflow as I ran to him, burying my face in his chest. He pats my back, letting my cry into his shirt.

"Want me to take you home?" He asks after I'd calm down. I nodded and we walked over to his car.

"So, do you want to tell me what's going on?" Tom asks me while I buckle my seatbelt.

I shrug. "Just the same old shit."

Tom quickly turns to face me, his eyes wide. "Indigo, such language." He gasps, placing a hand on his chest.

I smile, rolling my eyes. "I keep expecting him to be different, I keep listening and falling for his lies."

"Who? Harry?" Tom asks, pulling the car onto the street.

"Mhm." I cross my arms, glancing at Tom. His fingers grip the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white under the streetlight that glowed on them.

"What'd he do this time?" Tom sighs, his hazel eyes flicking over to my brown ones.

"I don't even know how to explain it. He got mad for no reason, accused me of being interested in Justin of all people, and then he left." I sigh, aggravated at how much drama comes with Harry.

Tom is silent for a moment, clearly thinking. "He was acting pretty weird in the locker room."

I don't reply, instead I think of Harry's confession a few weeks ago. Of course I didn't like him back, I mean how could I? Especially when he lets others bully me, or when he ditches me when he knows he's my ride home. How about when he nearly laughed when I hit my head on the locker.

But his hands felt comforting when he cupped my cheeks. And he bought me food and books, he didn't care if I drank from his drink either. And I love the way his face scrunches up when he laughs really hard. I like how he doesn't care for what others think of him.

I shake my head. There's no way I could ever... Right?

"Indie?" Tom's voice pulls me from my own mixed feelings.

"Tom, I..." I begin, frowning.

"What is it?"

"I think I like Harry." I blurt.

Tom hits the breaks quickly but presses on the gas again.

"Tom! You could've gotten us killed!" I scold him, smacking his arm.

"You like Harry?" He yells, not out of anger or rage, I think it was actually happiness?

"I, maybe? I don't know!" I groan, putting my face into my hands.

"My Harigo ship is sailing..." He whispers.

"Excuse me?" I sit up, glaring at him.

"I didn't say anything, what?" Tom says, his eyes focussing on the road.

I roll my eyes. "Sure."

"Look, what do you want me to do?" He asks, not trying to sound rude.

I sigh. "Tom, I have no flipping idea."

"Should I talk to him?"

"If you think that's going to help, I just want to know why he did that to me." I shrug while he pulls into my driveway.

"I'll go talk to him." He smiles.

"Thanks, Tom." I smile back and get out of the car then run up the path to my door.

- Tom -

I knock on Harry's door. Okay, more like banged but who cares. I wait a few moments and knock again.

The door swings open and Harry appears before me. "What do you want, Tom?"

"We need to talk." I grumble, walking past him.

"Sure, come on in." Harry mutters sarcastically.

"Look, you fucked up again." I snap.

"No, she did when she-"

"Shut up, Harry. Do you really think Indigo would like someone as ridiculous as Justin? When would Indigo ever lie to you? Wouldn't you think that if she liked him, she wouldn't be talking to you?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes on him.

"She talked to him-"

I shake my head. "She asked him for your jersey number, she doesn't even like football so why would she automatically know which one you were from the bleachers, Harry?"

"So, she doesn't like him?" He asks in a small voice.

"No you idiot, she likes you!" I sigh loudly.

His eyes widen and he begins to get the biggest smile. "Really?"

"Well, at least she did until you went all jealous ape on her." I roll my eyes.

The smile fades and Harry groans, yanking his hair. "Fuck, what do I do?"

I frown. "Apologize."

"Do you think she'll forgive me?"

"I have no idea, she's just confused in all honesty." I shrug.

"When should I apologize?" He asks, his eyes brimming with tears.

"Now! My Harigo ship isn't sinking today!" I yell and push him out the door.

He runs to his car, unlocks it and looks up at me. "Thanks, Tom."

"Just go save my ship, Styles." I roll my eyes and he nods before getting in the car and speeding off down the street.

A/N:
Hello loves!

So I kinda lied in the beginning of the book. This is going to be short but the sequel will be longer! I just didn't go into full detail on the chapters like I should have while I was planning this out so yeah! :)

Also, thanks for 800 reads!? lIKE WTF THIS BOOK SUCKS WHY

(Can we get to 1k reads before this is finished c; ?)

Anyways, don't forget to vote/comment your thoughts! What do you think will happen next?

AND WHO SHIPS HARIGO? WHOOP I DO!

I love you guys!

- Jen