the game

Short chapter sorry :(((((

Indigo's POV:

This week passed by fairly quickly, Harry made sure every single day that I would be attending the football game tonight. So here I am, sitting alone on cold bleachers with screaming teenagers, a bad band, and fake nachos.

I sat on the very edge of the big bleachers, pretty far from anyone else. Izzy was busy with her parents tonight, and Tom is on the football team so I was stuck by myself watching a sport I know nothing about. Great.

The band begins playing our school anthem, which I also still have yet to memorize despite me being a Junior here. So I hum along with the horrid band and tap my feet on the metal while the football guys run out onto the field. Unfortunately for me, I had no idea what jersey number Harry was and I couldn't find him because he wore that stupid helmet.

They begin playing immediately and they line up with the other team on the field. A whistle blows and everyone runs different ways. My eyes focus on the ball and the guy on our team who was handling it got run over by this truck of a guy on the other team. I cringe at the sound of the harsh hit and look at none other than Justin Aruffo sit next to me.

"Never would've thought to see you here, Bryan's." He says.

I smile politely. "I wouldn't have either, but Harry insisted I come."

"Cheeky bastard, huh?" He chuckles.

"Do you know which one Harry is?" I ask, ignoring his comment.

"Yeah, he should be number eight." Justin says, pointing to the field.

I squint and find Harry, whose face was turned in my direction but I couldn't see his expression. (That rhymed holy fudge nuggets) He runs off to the center of the field, where the boys seem to stand in a line.

-

Harry's POV:

"Hut, hut!" I yell and immediately run. Tom ran a few meters ahead of me, slamming into anyone who tried to tackle me.

So close to the goal line. I glance up at the stands and see Indie screaming and jumping, it almost makes me smile until I notice Justin beside her. Again.

"Damnit!" I scream and take off in a sprint, using my anger to push myself ahead.

"Touch down! Home team wins the game!" The announcer states and cheers erupt from the bleachers.

My teammates yell and jump around, but I just take off my helmet. We shake hands and  I don't wait for the rest of the team as I storm inside the school. Why am I so pissed? I open the locker room door and slam it closed behind me. We won, I made the scoring point, I should be fucking joyful right now.

I plop myself onto a single bench in the locker room and I take off my shoes, jersey, padding, then just about everything else except for my boxers. The door squeaks open and gently shuts, then Tom appears before me.

"Indigo is looking for you." He says simply.

I roll my eyes. "Why isn't she with Justin?"

"Why would she be with him?" Tom asks.

I scoff. "Never mind."

"Look, I don't know why you're so pissy but you need to stop. We won the game, the girl you like is looking for you, you scored the winning point, what more do you want?"

I throw on my t shirt and zip up my pants. I don't answer while I'm putting away my things, because I don't really have one. He's right, I have everything that I want. So why am I acting like this?

"No answer?" Tom asks as I sling my gym bag on my shoulder.

"Nope. See you Monday." I say simply and walk out the locker room.

The car lot was practically deserted, except for Indigo shyly leaning against my car. She looks up at me and smiles big, pushing herself off the vehicle. I unlock it and open the trunk, not saying a word.

"Congrats on winning, you played great." She finally speaks.

I snort. "Yeah, like you were watching."

"I was?" She gets quiet.

"Don't lie to me, the only time you were watching was the last play!" I raise my voice.

"I'm not lying! I was watching you the whole time!" Indigo argues back.

"No, you were talking to Justin the whole fucking time!" I snap.

"Justin? The only time I talked to him was to ask what jersey number you were!" She says.

I laugh. "I'm the school's quarter back and you don't even know my jersey number? How stupid do you think I am?" I shake my head.

"Very since you aren't listening to the truth." She mutters.

My eyes widen. "Fuck you, Indigo." I grumble and get in the car.

"Wait, where are you going? You're supposed to take me home!" She yells.

"Find another ride." I smirk and tear out of the parking lot, leaving her alone.

A/N:
Oh harry, what are we going to do with you?

I finallllyyyy updated omg im so sorry finals are this week and last week I had a bunch of tests and projects and ughhh! I've been so busy! I get out of school on May 29th so hopefully I'll be able to get into the swing of updating regularly. :)

But I did post three new stories. (Yes I can't seem to complete any current ones why not write even more?) Agliophobia, Video Games, and Shiver :) please check them out?

Don't forget to vote/comment on this chapter!

I love you guys!

- Jen