Chapter 19

Thank you for reading my book! Comment on it and vote below! Anything is appreciated!

If anyone is interested in making this book a cover with the same picture I have for it then I would be really really really really happy, for some reason my computer won't let me get the update or whatever. If you can help me with this I'd be really thankful.

Thanks!!

-Missa

Evalynn woke up slowly. She became conscious with her eyes closed. She heard quiet whispers as her ears became more attuned, but the more she heard the less she understood. Then she recognized the soft melodic sounds of the merfolk's language.

It was Nabia speaking to a baby Roland.

Evalynn panicked for a moment, wondering how Nabia found Roland. Maybe he had rolled of the bed, no he could barely move.

The sounds became much softer from Nabia, she sang quietly as if she didn't want to be heard.

Evalynn wouldn't have blamed her, it is just natural to be quiet while others are sleeping. She listened and tried to understand what she was saying, but who was she kidding, she couldn't speak mer.Evalynn decided to make herself known and sat up, rustling the sheets.

Nabia gasped slightly. She stood with Roland in her arms and turned bright red at the sight of Evalynn waking. She started softly mumbling something in her language, apologizing.

Evalynn walked up to her and Nabia glanced up at her, then at Roland and then her gaze stayed on the floor. Evalynn rested her hand on Nabia's shoulder and Nabia looked up.

Evalynn smiled. "I'm not angry with you, Nabia. But next time please tell me." She wasn't sure if Nabia understood, so Evalynn used hand gestures.

Nabia nodded and gently offered Roland, he stayed silent and kept his gaze on Nabia.

Evalynn shook her head and kissed Nabia on the head, Roland was not hungry yet and Evalynn didn't know when the merfolk were going to leave. She would give Nabia as much time as she wanted with Roland.

Nabia smiled happily and bounced Roland around and tickled his cheeks. He smiled a gummy, baby smile.

Evalynn walked to the kitchen and started a fire up in the heater. She then started working on breakfast.

Amatheia woke up a few minutes after and walked into the kitchen. She greeted Evalynn with a smile and then it faded.

She looked at her with a serious look. "Evalynn, I heard what happened this morn with Nabia."

Evalynn stopped what she was doing and looked at Amatheia with worry. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No." Amatheia shook her head and started helping Evalynn make breakfast, but she was a little confused on how to do it though. "You didn't do anything wrong, it's just... Nabia."

"What is wrong?" Evalynn looked at Nabia, who was sitting in the sitting room tickling Roland's tummy as he layed on his back.

"You would not have understood her, but I did. I believe..." She looked at Nabia and Roland too. "I believe Roland is her mate."

Evalynn dropped her wooden spoon on the floor.

Nabia looked over in interest, but she did not understand what they were saying.

Amatheia picked up the fallen object and whispered, "Now, Evalynn, do not make yourself in hysterics."

"Amatheia, how would this be possible? How would you know? How would Nabia know?" Evalynn whispered frantically.

Amatheia shushed her. "Nabia was speaking to Roland about how she felt about him, but she will not yet understand it until her father or I describe it. She spoke of how she felt tied to him and that she didn't want to leave him for when we head back to the sea.

"These are the sort of signs that each mate would have. I am sure Kaerius noticed it these past days, for I have. What Nabia said proved it."

Evalynn took a deep breath, it was hard for her to take this in. "But how is this possible? A mermaid having a mate bond with a human?"

Amatheia sighed. "It has happened before. A few times actually."

Evalynn gulped in some air. "But-But... Amatheia!" She whispered. "That's my son."

Amatheia shook her head with a slightly amused smile. "Evalynn, dear, you underestimate the power of what having a mate can do."

Evalynn covered her face in her hands. "I suppose this means that you will be visiting more often."

Amatheia laughed and looked over at Nabia with Roland. "Yes, I believe your assumption is correct."