Chapter 5

"Amatheia! Amatheia!" The merman called in their ancient language.

 He had been looking for her for hours now. They had been playing with their new baby girl at their secret hideout when those awful humans found them and started firing balls of heat at them.

He was worried sick for his family. He had split up with his mate and their child so he could guide the killers away from them. Now, he couldn't find them.

"Amatheia, answer to me!" He cried out. He swam as hard as he could with his injured shoulder.

One of the iron balls had hit him in, tearing its way through his shoulder until it had exited out on the other side. He was an ancient though, his body would heal faster than his mate's, especially their baby's.

I beg of you, Neptune, spare them. I couldn't bare a world without them. He silently pleaded.

He looked into every cave and open space. He couldn't find them.

"Amatheia!!" He was starting to panic.All of a sudden, he caught a scent.

Blood.

His Amatheia's blood.

"No. No, no, no, no, no, no!" He swam towards the scent and he found himself in a bay. He saw a red pool on the sand and he crawled towards it.

He felt it, the pool was cold and brown around the edges.He sat back and did the only thing that came to him.

He wept.

After a while, he finally got a hold of his senses and searched the sand nearby. A few dents were a made right next to Amatheia's pool of blood.

Tracks.

Not just any tracks, but a human's tracks.

Anger welled up within him until all he saw was red.

He took deep, harrowed breaths in outrage. He let out a loud scream of pain and anger.The scream of a predator.He would wait for three hours until his legs formed, then he would hunt the one who took his one and only love.