Chapter 10

Evalynn and Fergus watch in fascination as Nabia slowly grew up before their eyes.

All of her teeth had sprouted and her hair grew to her shoulders. She started walking through the room and laughing.

Fergus smiled as Evalynn held Nabia's hands as she took a few steps.They both looked up when they heard the bedroom door open.

Kaerius and the mermaid, Amatheia, walked out.

Evalynn gasped and stared, shocked, at the woman before her.

Fergus sat up in his chair, pale-faced.

Amatheia was wearing one of Evalynn's work dresses. Her long, luscious brown hair fell down pasther waist and her grey eyes searched the room until they found Nabia. She let go of Kaerius and fell to her knees before her daughter.

Nabia smiled and gave a long, joyful squeal for her mother. She stood from where she had sat and took a few steps towards Amatheia.

Amatheia had tears flowing down her cheeks and she caught the little girl in her hands when she stumbled. She cuddled her and made soft, little melodies.

Amatheia looked to Evalynn and smiled. She spoke in her language and looked down at her daughter."She says thank you for caring for our daughter." Kaerius translated.

He looked at Fergus. "I have not completely thanked you for saving my mate."

Fergus waved his hand. "Have nothing of it."

Kaerius shook his head. "No, thank you. I do not know what would have become of her if those filthy humans caught a hold of her."

Fergus stood and said, "I plan to get rid of them."

Kaerius smiled, but said, "As much as I would love to join you, I have a family to return home." He looked at his two girls and spoke in their language, only Amatheia understood.She nodded and glanced at Evalynn. Then she set aside her daughter and hugged the woman who took care of her. She also stood up unsteadily and walked up to Fergus, he smiled at her and nodded. Amatheia hummed to him and said something he could not understand.

Kaerius translated, "Amatheia bestows upon your house a mermaid's promise. She promises that you will be blessed with many honest, truthful, and loving children whose children's children will pass down with no difficulties to ruin their lives." He listened to his love and translated again. "She thanks you for saving her life and wishes your dreams will forever come true."

Amatheia then walked up to him and kissed his forehead. She had to stand on her tippy toes, of course. She quickly withdrew and stood next to her jealous man's side to give him a smug grin. She then kissed him on the edge of his mouth and turned to kneel next to her daughter.

Nabia was chewing on her fist and glanced at her father. She smiled at the human couple, but retreated to her mother's lap.

Kaerius heated gaze held Fergus's and Fergus stepped back.

Kaerius glanced at the women and walked to seat himself next to his family on the floor.

Fergus took his wife's hand and kissed her. He sat down in his chair and Evalynn sighed, "Is anyone hungry?"