Chapter 2

Hey! Thanks for reading my story! If you are so bored out of your mind you think you are going to throw up, go check out my other stories. At least it's something to do, I understand your torture.

-Missa

Fergus finally arrives and gasps silently as he hears another BANG! He runs through the brush and arrives at the beach.

 Fishermen are shouting, "Where did it go? We have to find it!"

Fergus runs towards the noise on the rocky beach.Then he hears a slight gasp to his right. He turns towards it and then hears sobbing."Hello?" He whispers.

The sobbing stops and he hears a soft moaning sound.He runs to where he heard it and looks behind a rock.

A pale, thin girl lies shivering and half naked.

"Oh, no! Miss? Are you alright?" He kneels next to her and touches her shoulder. He cringes at how cold she is. "Miss?"

She makes a low moaning sound.

Fergus flips her over and gasps at her. He falls backwards and crawls away quickly.

The girl has a tail. A tail!The thing was silvery and blue, scaly and fish-like. But the woman looked like any other girl. She has black shiny hair that is full of sand and a pretty face, but she looked to be only eighteen.

Fergus swallowed his nerves and crawled back to her. "Miss?" He stares at the wound gaping in her side.

 She was dying.She opens her pale green eyes and a high pitched, singsong moan comes out. She reaches out her pale hand and moans again.

Fergus takes her cold hand. "What is it? I don't know if you can be helped." He says painfully. He gestures towards her wound.

Her face becomes determined and she tries to sit up, but she screams and flops back down.

"Miss mermaid, you must not move." Fergus tried to support her head. He avoids looking at her bare chest.

She looks at him with another determined look and grabs onto his shoulder. She sits up again, only this time she leans on him to support her.

Fergus lets her, he looks at her questionably.

She hums a tune and looks at him expectantly.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand." He says.

She sighs and points to him, then herself, and then upwards.Fergus shakes his head. She wants him to pick her up.

She gets tears in her eyes and lifts her hands in a pleading gesture. The tears start to fall and she starts to sob.

"Alright, I'll carry you, miss. Just don't cry. Evalynn would have me if I made a woman cry." He slips his arm under her scaly tail and picks her up.The mermaid points towards a nearby rock and hums.

Fergus walks towards where she points, until she starts to point towards the bay."Miss, I can't swim."

She hums louder and points again.

Fergus sighs and obeys.

When he is waist deep, the mermaid points towards a rock and Fergus walks over to it. She gestures to put her down and he does as she requests.

She moans painfully as she starts to swim under the rock. She is gone for a while and Fergus starts to get worried, the fishermen's' shouts were getting closer.

"Miss?"

A few minutes pass and she surfaces. She swims towards him and hums at him.He gasps.

She is holding a baby mermaid, its tail the same color as its mother's.

"Oh, Lord please help us." He whispers.

The mermaid strokes the baby's head and hums at Fergus. She motions for him to pick her up.Fergus picks her up and stares at the baby.She glares at him and points towards the shore. She starts to cough and bits of blood fly on Fergus's shirt.

Fergus looks at her and is reminded that she is dying.

She still clutches onto the child as Fergus reaches the beach. She has starting weeping. The shouts have gotten even closer.

She glances at the shouts and whimpers in fear, clutching the child closer.

Fergus whispers, "Miss, I can take you to my home. My wife could care for you and your babe." He tries to say it carefully.

She glances at the sound of shouts and starts shaking her head as she hurriedly starts to sing and moan.

Fergus doesn't hesitate and starts towards his home.