Protocol

First a note. I didn't really want to do a chapter with Kanan's POV because I'm afraid that I wouldn't capture his character well. But then I realized that I would have to in order for the story to flow. Sooooo I've done my best. I hope it's worthy.
~
~~

Kanan's POV

He sat outside the rebels command room trying to focus on patience. But every time he closed his eyes all he saw was Hera staring up at him from the ground holding an unconscious Ahsoka.

"You have to leave......Kanan! Go!"

She had shouted so selflessly. Always looking out for everyone before herself. And now she was gone. She had probably hoped to help or protect Ahsoka some how. But he knew. He had been captured before. No one can help you, not when you believe that your alone and dying.

"But I won't leave them alone." He whispered, head in his hands.

He wouldn't let himself think of the pain he went through when he was captured. Tried not to think how that had just been an Inquisitor, and this was a Sith Lord. He was the sol leader of the Ghost Crew now. He had to stay strong for them.

It was already the second day since they had returned from Christophsis, and not a single Rebel group had been launched in search for the two women. Of course they're planning to, but they have their protocols and procedures. Kanan would have taken the Ghost crew and rescued the two themselves, but without the Rebels help he had no way of locating them.

So he sat outside the command room waiting to speak with the Commander. The Rebels hadn't diverted their resources to the search for the women immediately because all their assets had been focused on a "more dire mission" when they had returned. He'd heard that the mission was over. Another day and he didn't know if they'd be too late.

Ahsoka's POV

She clenched her teeth as if it would stop the screams. Closed her eyes even. But that didn't help. Every time she did that she earned a ripping shock that tore through her body. Her eyes flew open. It was a shorter than what Vader had done before, but it was worse because she was reminded of the pain Hera was in.

The buzz of electricity paused, and she watched Heras body sag in her restraints.

"She has nothing to do with this. She doesn't belong here!" Ahsoka rasped, her eyes never leaving the unconscious Hera.

"She has nothing to do with Obi-Wan or myself but she does have something to do with you." Her old Masters deep voice said accusingly.

Ahsoka closed her eyes and lied desperately, "I don't know where he is!"

She felt his hand around her throat even though he stood across the room.

"Continuing to lie doesn't change anything." He said mercilessly, as Ahsoka choked, gasping for air. "It will not change the fact that you are lying or that this Twi'lek will continue to pay for your lies."

She stared at his masked face watching for the second time as black spots danced across her vision. She thought of the irony behind Heras identity. How they, Vader and Ahsoka had known the man who was her father. And he didn't even realize it. Seeming to be staring back he finally released her.

Her head dropped as she gasped loudly and painfully. Racking coughs tore her throat filling it with pain.

Vader turned a dial that would wake the unconscious Hera so he could begin again. Her body twitched and green eyes flew open.

Ahsoka gasped, "Hera! Look at me!"

Hera had no sooner turned her head when Vader had her screaming again.