Escape Over Wasskah

Vader's POV

Rebels. They were always getting in the way. They were here no doubt to rescue the prisoners. But he wasn't finished with them yet.

"Commander, see that my shuttle is ready to take off, there will be two passengers." he said.

"Yes Lord Vader, right away."

Vader turned and headed to the detention level. There was no way that they were going to be allowed to escape. The door to the cells popped open. Four Troopers lay on the ground, all appeared to be unconscious, except one. He approached the dead man, Lightsaber cuts.

His anger flared. He went to the cell, empty except for the fool who let them out. He was knocked out on the floor.

Another laser blast shook the ship. Vader returned to the control room, and activated the security holograms.

He fast forwarded through the fighting. The men never stood a chance, Ahsokas skills really had improved. It was too bad she wouldn't see reason and join him. He could use her skills. He stopped it and let it play.

"How'd they find us?"He watched Ahsoka ask.

"I don't care as long as they're here. I knew Kanan would find us" The Twi'lek said.

"We'll make our way to the docking station, that's where the Ghost will go." Ahsoka said.

Vader shut it off. The docking station. He turned and headed the fastest direction.

He would cut them off there.

Hera's POV

Another laser shook the Star Destroyer. They stopped again. She clutched her chest in pain.

"I'm sorry." She said. It was a pounding ache that kept slowing her down.

She saw Ahsoka glance around. "It's fine, we only have two more hallways."

"How do you know that?" Hera said.

"I used to serve and command on these ships in the Clone Wars, before the Empire." Ahsoka answered, voice full of transparent nonchalance. "They haven't much changed at all."

Hera wondered how much of the Togrutas past now pained her, knowing that someone she had trusted betrayed everything they believed in.

Ahsoka turned to her, "Ready to move on?"

She nodded.

They passed through the next hallway, turning corners. As they reached the station they heard a hiss and a hum behind them.

They spun around. "Vader." Ahsoka said, glaring, at the black figure and ignited her lightsabers.

"Hera go. Get to the bay door." Ahsoka commanded over her shoulder.

Hera didn't protest, this was a fight she wouldn't be able to help with. As she rounded the corner the last thing she saw was the flash of colliding lightsabers.

Ahsoka's POV

She blocked a crushing blow again. She knew he wouldn't kill her, but that wouldn't keep him from trying to remove any limbs.

As she whirled around him, dodging and blocking she couldn't help remembering when she and Anakin used to spar. Except he had never been trying to hurt her.

Vader advanced towards her and the hanger. He raised his saber to attack again at her face, but swiftly changed his direction to her legs. At the last second she back flipped away, but was knocked out of the air with a kick to her back.