Alba Fife Is Perfection With A Scottish Accent - Eoin's Chapter

Start from the beginning

Alba looks up at me, cautious concern flickering in her emerald eyes.  My breath catches in my chest as I take in her face.  Alba Fife is perfection with a Scottish accent...

"Are you alright, Eoin?" Alba ventures uncertainly and I smile at her, lacing my fingers through hers.

"I'm more than alright, Alba - I have you." I murmur, making her blush crimson; doesn't Colin tell her these things?  Does he not tell her constantly that she is the reason for...everything?  Alba Fife is the meaning of life.  She's the reason for my existence.  I'm here to protect her - that's all I'm here for; to protect Alba Fife from the world.  The world and Claw Crusher Jack.

"No, you don't 'have' me, Eoin; I'm not a toy!" Alba snaps, yanking her hand out of mine; I stare at her as we walk a few steps away from the house and the not best pleased wolves who are reluctantly slinking back into the house.

"No one 'has' you, Alba; y'don't let them..." I trail off, smiling shakily at her.  She looks up at me and grins, her old self flickering in her eyes; the Alba who never knew Crusher...

"Damn right I don't!" She agrees, lacing her fingers back through mine.  The space my unmoving heart occupies suddenly feeling bigger, but less empty; as if Alba's slowly filling the emptiness my soul left behind when it was taken.  I smile weakly at Alba, emotions and hormones running riot in my head.

I don't want to scare Alba - that's the last thing I want to do; but it's ridiculously hard not to throw her over my shoulder and take her back to the island.  I settle for tracing shapes on the back of her hand with my thumb; savouring the feeling of her silky skin under my own scarred skin, even if only for the briefest of moments.

Lightning only flashes across the sky for a few seconds, but it still blinds you for minutes...

Shooting stars only hurtle through darkness that we can see for a few minutes, but their colours are ingrained in your memory forever...

 "Ws there anything in particular you wanted tae talk about, Eoin?" Alba enquires uneasily after a few minutes of silently walking through the forest, randomly turning off in different directions.  I don't think either of us actually knows where we are.

I don't think either of us cares.

"No...I just- I've missed you, Alba." I admit quietly, squeezing her hand gently.

"You're with Crusher, Eoin - you have no right tae miss me." Alba says flatly, her hand going limp in mine; Christ, I keep saying the wrong things...

"I don't want to be in that pack, Alba." I tell her, a lump rising in my throat.

"Then why are you?" She challenges, her eyes flashing as she looks up at me.

"Jack thought having witches would be useful." I shrug, looking away.

"So...Erin's a witch?  Isn't she more of a danger than a use?" Alba asks, I shake my head.

"Our mam was a witch; we both have the magyk.  Errie's lost most of it.  I still have it though..." I trail off, thinking about mam and Erin.

"And you're a Projector." Alba remembers, shuddering.

"Yup...and a Projector..." I agree, watching her carefully for her reaction.

"Eoin...if you're a Projector, why don't you just Project into Crusher and kill him?" She asks, her eyes filled with curiosity.

"Would you really want to kill Jack as well?  Y'know as well as I do that he's totally helpless..." I add; Alba nods, her eyes sad.

"Aye...I wish there was a way to fix him." She murmurs, obviously remembering the good times she had with Jack Emmory before Crusher came and fucked it all up.