CHAPTER SEVEN : THE LOCKET AND THE FOREST

"Thanks, I decided to copy your style today,"

A/N: Hey everyone, how are you doing? I hope you're all still hanging in there after trudging through those dull chapters. But trust me, we're getting closer to the good stuff, so please stick with it. Anyway, I'd really appreciate your comments and votes. Thank you so much!

-----

THIRD PERSON

"Ah, Mafalda!" Umbridge exclaimed, her gaze fixed on Hermione. "Travers sent you, did he?"

"Y-yes," Hermione squeaked.

"Excellent, you'll do nicely." Her eyes then fell on Sabrina with a keen interest. "But what is Samantha doing here with you?"

"Oh, she wanted to observe."

"For the experience, I suppose?" Umbridge queried.

"Indeed," Sabrina replied, flashing her most sincere smile, which caused Umbridge to purse her lips.

"Very well then. I hope you find it both entertaining and educational."

Turning to the wizard clad in black and gold, Umbridge continued, "That's the problem sorted, Minister. If Mafalda can be spared for record-keeping, we can commence immediately." She glanced at her clipboard.

"Ten people today, and one of them is the wife of a Ministry employee! Shocking... even here, at the very heart of the Ministry!" She stepped into the lift, Sabrina and Hermione following suit, along with the two wizards who had been listening to her conversation with the Minister.

"We'll head straight down. You'll find everything you need in the courtroom. Good morning, Albert, aren't you getting out?"

"Yes, of course," replied Harry in Runcorn's deep voice, as he stepped out of the lift.

The golden grilles clanged shut behind him. Glancing over his shoulder, Harry caught sight of Sabrina's worried face and Hermione's anxious expression disappearing from view, flanked by two tall wizards, with Umbridge's velvet hair-bow at shoulder level.

"What brings you up here, Runcorn?" asked the new Minister of Magic. His long black hair and beard were streaked with silver, and a heavy, overhanging forehead shadowed his glinting eyes, reminding Harry of a crab peering out from under a rock.

"Needed a quick word with," Harry hesitated briefly, "Arthur Weasley. Heard he was up on level one."

"Ah," said Pius Thicknesse. "Has he been caught consorting with an Undesirable?"

"No," replied Harry, his throat dry. "No, nothing like that."

"Ah, well. It's only a matter of time," said Thicknesse. "If you ask me, the blood traitors are as bad as the Mudbloods. Good day, Runcorn."