CHAPTER TEN : THE HIGH INQUISITOR

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Nothing wrong with a good healthy P."

(YOU MEAN PU-)

A/n : THIS IS UNEDITED BUT HOPIA LIKE IT AND THIS IS SO BORING I KID U NOT.

-----

The
following day, (Y/n) gave Harry peculiar glances, unable to help herself from gazing at him and appreciating his handsomeness. Her cheeks would flush slightly whenever he caught her looking and turned his gaze back at her. Yet, she was careful not to let on, keeping her emotions hidden. Hermione, however, had already noticed, having observed (Y/n) the previous night as she entered the girl's dormitory with a smile.

"Umbridge – Inquisitor?" Harry's tone turned dark, his grip on his half-eaten toast slipping slightly. They had been poring over Hermione's copy of the Daily Prophet to understand Percy's cryptic message.

"What's that all about?" Hermione read aloud: "In a surprising turn of events, the Ministry of Magic has passed new legislation, granting itself an unprecedented level of control over Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 'The Minister has been growing increasingly concerned about the happenings at Hogwarts,' reported junior Assistant to the Minister, Percy Weasley. 'He is now addressing the worries expressed by anxious parents, who fear that the school might be taking an undesirable direction.' "This isn't the first instance in recent weeks where the Minister, Cornelius Fudge, has utilized new laws. Following the passing of Decree Number Twenty-Two, the Ministry has the authority to step in and choose an appropriate candidate for a teaching position if the current Headmaster is unable to do so. 'This is how Dolores Umbridge was brought onto the Hogwarts staff,' stated Weasley. 'Dumbledore couldn't find anyone suitable, so the Minister appointed Umbridge. And it appears that she has been remarkably successful —'"

"She's been a WHAT?" Harry exclaimed, his voice resonating loudly.

"Do you want to get everyone's attention or what?" said (Y/n).

"Er...Sorry."

"Wait, there's more," said Hermione grimly. She continued reading, and the three of them listened intently. As Hermione finished reading, she looked across the table at the others.

"So now we know how we ended up with Umbridge! Fudge passed this Decree and forced her on us! And now he's given her the power to inspect the other teachers!" Hermione's breathing was fast, and her eyes were shining with intensity.

"I can't believe this. It's outrageous!" exclaimed Harry. He glanced down at his right hand, still clenched on the table-top, and noticed the faint white outline of the words Umbridge had forced him to carve into his skin. (Y/n) reached out and held his hand, offering comfort. He smiled gratefully, and she gently released his hand.