CHAPTER ELEVEN : LIQUID LUCK AND SNOGGING

A/n : THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER IN THE BOOK

A/n : THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER IN THE BOOK. UNEDITED. Please comment and vote.

❧❧❧

-THIRD PERSON-

Harry found himself immersed in the world of Herbology the next morning. Over breakfast, he refrained from divulging the details of his clandestine meeting with Dumbledore to Ron and Hermione, fearing prying ears. However, as they strolled across the vegetable patch towards the greenhouses, he shared the clandestine encounter with them.

The lingering weekend winds had finally subsided, replaced by the peculiar mist that made locating the correct greenhouse a tad more challenging than usual. As they approached their destination, Harry felt a sense of relief that (Y/n) did not exhibit any awkwardness around him despite his revelations the night before. Nevertheless, a subtle disappointment nagged at him; it seemed she remained unfazed, and he couldn't quite fathom why.

Amidst the gnarled Snargaluff stumps, which constituted the current term's project, the trio took their positions, donning protective gloves. In hushed tones, Ron mused, "Wow, scary thought, the boy You-Know-Who," Ron continued, "But I still don't get why Dumbledore's showing you all this. I mean, it's really interesting and everything, but what's the point?"

"Dunno," said Harry, inserting a gum shield. "But he says it's all important and it'll help me survive."

"If Dumbledore says so, it must be crucial," interjected (Y/n).

"Yeah, and I think it's fascinating," said Hermione earnestly. "It makes absolute sense to know as much about Voldemort as possible. How else will you find out his weaknesses?" "So how was Slughorn's latest party?" Harry asked her thickly through the gum shield.

"Oh, it was a jolly good time," chimed Hermione, adjusting her protective goggles, while (Y/n) mirrored the action. Hermione, being the sole attendee at last night's party after their conversation, had fabricated an excuse for (Y/n) to relay to Slughorn regarding her absence. According to Hermione, when she informed Slughorn of (Y/n)'s reason for not attending, he remarked that she was akin to Harry – perpetually determined to miss his suppers.

"He did drone on a bit about famous ex-pupils, and he showered McLaggen with attention due to his influential connections," Hermione continued. "But the spread of food was delightful, and he even introduced us to Gwenog Jones."

"Gwenog Jones?" Ron exclaimed, his eyes widening behind his own goggles. "The Gwenog Jones? Captain of the Holyhead Harpies?"

(Y/n) recalled reading about Gwenog Jones, with Ron previously sharing stories about her during their chats back at the Burrow.

"Absolutely right," confirmed Hermione. "Personally, I found her a tad full of herself, but –"

"Enough chatter over there!" interrupted Professor Sprout briskly, striding over with a stern expression. "You're falling behind; everyone else has started, and Neville has already harvested his first pod!"