CHAPTER TWENTY : FAVORITE FRIEND

A/n : Hey! I'm back for another update, althought this is unedited

A/n : Hey! I'm back for another update, althought this is unedited. I'm sorry if I'm taking longer to update. I just had my midterm exam and school is really exhausting but here ya go. (hope you like it and please do comment and vote tysm!)

-----

"It can't be as bad as that, Harry. I'm sure — "

(Y/n) tried to sound as reassuring as possible the next day while they were on their way to the Great Hall for breakfast. She couldn't help but notice Harry's downcast mood when she encountered them in the common room earlier. (Y/n) knew the reason why. Hermione had woken up earlier than (Y/n) and had informed her about going to the Great Hall first because she had some tasks to attend to. So, she had woken (Y/n) up to let her know. Since they hadn't had the chance to talk to each other the previous night, when (Y/n) returned from her Quidditch lesson with Harry, Hermione was already fast asleep.

"I hope so," Harry replied with a heavy sigh, a far cry from the teasing and smiling Harry of the previous night.

"Oh, come on, Harry---"

"But when has Snape ever made things better, eh?" Ron interjected, lifting one of his eyebrows and eyeing his sister incredulously.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes at Ron, who was dead set on blocking her efforts to cheer up Harry. She felt a strong urge to give Ron a good talking-to or perhaps put a spell on him because he wasn't being helpful at all. She was trying to comfort the main character of this story, Harry, who was dreading his occlumency lesson with the professor She, Ron, and Harry disliked the most. That's why (Y/n) was trying to reassure Harry that he would do well and that Snape wouldn't be a complete nuisance, but Ron just had to spoil it.

"Could you keep it down a bit? Someone might overhear," (Y/n) said, looking around at some of the students they were passing in the corridor.

"They've got ears, haven't they? Let them hear the truth," Ron replied.

"That might be true, but don't you want to help Harry learn something from Snape?"

"What if Snape's not trying to help, but trying to hurt him?"

"It's Dumbledore's orders," she said. "And if Snape wanted to hurt Harry, he wouldn't do it while we're all aware that Harry's with him for a lesson."

"That's the thing," Ron said, not letting go of the subject, "what if he's actually planning something and hurt Harry and pretend it's part of the lesson or just calling it an accident—"

"We'd figure it out, and Harry would tell us—"

"What if he wiped Harry's memory—"

"For Merlin's sake, Ron!" she half yelled, half whispered. Harry, who was just as frustrated as (Y/n), looked at her. "Think about it logically. If you don't trust Dumbledore, then think about this way, why would Snape harm someone that his master wants for himself?"