CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : DUMBLEDORE'S FUNERAL

A/N : UNEDITED. PLEASE DO COMMENT AND VOTE. TYSM.

-----

-THIRD PERSON-

In the aftermath of Dumbledore's passing, Hogwarts underwent a profound transformation. The familiar hustle and bustle of students racing between classes were replaced by an eerie stillness. The decision to halt all lessons and exams underscored the somber mood that gripped the castle.

Parents, gripped by the instinct to shield their children, swiftly whisked them away from Hogwarts. The Patil twins disappeared before dawn, Zacharias Smith departed under the watchful eye of his stern father, and Seamus Finnigan, staunchly defying familial expectations, chose to stay for the funeral.

A unique spectacle unfolded as anticipation swirled around the impending funeral. A colossal powder-blue carriage, drawn by majestic winged palominos, descended from the sky and landed on the edge of the Forest. A statuesque woman, her olive skin and black hair lending an otherworldly air, embraced Hagrid, adding a touch of poignant warmth to the scene.

Simultaneously, Ministry officials, including the Minister for Magic, found lodging within the castle, sparking Harry's resolve to avoid unnecessary encounters. Alongside (Y/n), he sought refuge in hidden corners, steering clear of the probing inquiries that seemed inevitable.

Harry, Ron, (Y/n), and Hermione found themselves enveloped in each other's company, attempting to find solace in the shadow of Dumbledore's demise. The vibrant weather outside only intensified the bittersweet contrast, a constant reminder of what could have been – a carefree end to the school year that was now marred by sorrow.

In these moments, Harry's gaze often lingered on (Y/n). Unspoken words and stolen kisses between them became a refuge from the weight of the inevitable conversation he was avoiding. The burden of acknowledging the need for change, the impending separation, loomed over him, and yet he clung to this temporary haven.

Their routine included regular visits to the hospital wing, where Neville had been discharged but Bill lingered under Madam Pomfrey's watchful eye. Bill's appearance had transformed with scars resembling Mad-Eye Moody's, but his resilience mirrored the wizard they all knew. The only noticeable change was his newfound appreciation for rare steaks, a taste cultivated during his recovery.

Fleur, tending to Bill's needs with unbridled joy, declared that her future husband was fortunate to marry her, attributing it to her disdain for British cooking habits.

As they gathered by the open window in the Gryffindor common room, the soft glow of twilight painting the grounds below, Ginny sighed about her brother's impending marriage.