CHAPTER ONE : DECOYS, FALLEN WARRIORS AND THE CHOSEN ONE

"Bill, don't look at me — I'm 'ideous."

"In the realm of whispers, where shadows play,A tale unfolds of promises astray.(Y/n) spoke to Harry, words sweet as a dove,Yet beneath the surface, a current of deceit wove."

A/N : UNEDITED. PLEASE DO COMMENT AND VOTE. IT MOTIVATES ME. 

-----

-THIRD PERSON-

Harry dashed back upstairs to his bedroom, reaching the window just in time to catch sight of the Dursleys' car pulling out of the driveway and heading up the road.

Dedalus's top hat could be seen between Aunt Petunia and Dudley in the backseat. The car turned right at the end of Privet Drive, its windows glowing crimson for a moment in the now setting sun, and then it disappeared. Harry grabbed Hedwig's cage, his Firebolt, and his rucksack, gave his unnaturally tidy bedroom one last thorough look, and then clumsily descended back downstairs to the hall. There, he left the cage, broomstick, and bag near the foot of the stairs.

The light was rapidly fading, and the hall was filled with shadows in the evening light. It felt peculiar to stand there in the silence, knowing that he was about to leave the house for the final time.

Long ago, when he had been left alone while the Dursleys went out to enjoy themselves, the hours of solitude had been a rare treat. Pausing only to sneak something tasty from the fridge, he had rushed upstairs to play on Dudley's computer or turned on the television, flicking through the channels to his heart's content. It gave him an odd, empty feeling to recall those times; it was like remembering a younger brother he had lost.

"Don't you want to take a last look at the place?" he asked Hedwig, who was still sulking with her head under her wing. "We'll never be here again. Don't you want to remember all the good times? I mean, look at this doormat. What memories... Dudley puked on it after I saved him from the Dementors... Turns out he was grateful after all, can you believe it?... And last summer, Dumbledore walked through that front door..." Harry lost the thread of his thoughts for a moment, and Hedwig did nothing to help him retrieve it but continued to sit with her head under her wing.