CHAPTER SIXTEEN : GOING BACK HOME

"Where's my diary, Harry?"

a/n : UNEDITED. PLEASE DO COMMENT AND VOTE TYSM.

-THIRD PERSON-

"And there's Smith of Hufflepuff with the Quaffle," came a whimsical voice, resonating across the grounds. "He did the commentary last time, of course, and Sabrina Weasley flew into him, I think probably on purpose – it looked like it. Smith was being quite rude about Gryffindor; I expect he regrets that now he's playing them – oh, look, he's lost the Quaffle, Sabrina took it from him. I do like her; she's very pretty and very nice...just like her sister."

Harry gazed down at the commentator's podium, astounded. Surely, no one in their right mind would have allowed Luna Lovegood to commentate? Yet, even from above, there was no mistaking that long, dirty-blonde hair or the necklace of Butterbeer corks. Beside Luna, Professor McGonagall looked slightly uncomfortable, as if she was indeed having second thoughts about this appointment.

"...but now that big Hufflepuff player's got the Quaffle from her. I can't remember his name; it's something like Bibble – no, Buggins –"

"It's Cadwallader!" Professor McGonagall interjected loudly from beside Luna.

The crowd erupted in laughter, and Harry could almost picture Sabrina joining in while soaring through the air.

Harry scanned the pitch for the Snitch, but there was no sign of it. Moments later, Cadwallader scored. McLaggen had been shouting criticism at Sabrina for letting the Quaffle out of her possession, with the result that he had not noticed the large red ball soaring past his right ear.

"McLaggen, will you pay attention to what you're supposed to be doing and leave everyone else alone!" bellowed Harry, wheeling round to face his Keeper.

"You're not setting a great example!" McLaggen shouted back, red-faced and furious.

"And Harry Potter's now having an argument with his Keeper," said Luna serenely, while both Hufflepuffs and Slytherins in the crowd below cheered and jeered. "I don't think that'll help him find the Snitch, but maybe it's a clever ruse..."

Swearing angrily, Harry spun round and set off around the pitch again, scanning the skies for some sign of the tiny winged golden ball. Sabrina, Ginny, and Demelza each scored a goal, giving the red-and-gold-clad supporters below something to cheer about.

Then Cadwallader scored again, leveling the score, but Luna seemed utterly disinterested; the intricacies of the game's tally appeared beneath her notice. Instead, she persistently directed the crowd's attention to intriguingly shaped clouds and entertained the possibility that Zacharias Smith, who couldn't seem to hold onto the Quaffle for more than a minute, might be suffering from something called "Loser's Lurgy."