𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 : NEW FOUND COMFORT

"It's either because you are unwilling to accept the fact that the Dark Lord has returned or you are simply a stubborn fool,"

A/n : Hiii!! you can skip the italic parts, some of you already know that. Anyways, one more chapter left and we're off to OOTP!!! don't forget to comment and votes. (I'm planning to post my works on tiktok, wduguys think?).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voldemort averted his gaze from Harry and began examining his own body. His hands resembled large, pale arachnids; his long white fingers fondled his own chest, his arms, his face. The crimson eyes, with pupils resembling slits like those of a cat, gleamed even brighter in the darkness. He raised his hands, flexing the fingers, his expression enraptured and triumphant. He paid no attention to Wormtail, who lay convulsing and bleeding on the ground, nor to the immense serpent that had slithered back into view, encircling Harry once more and hissing.

Voldemort slipped one of those unnaturally elongated hands into a deep pocket and retrieved a wand. He gently caressed it as well, then raised it and aimed it at Wormtail, who was lifted off the ground and hurled against the tombstone where Harry was bound. He tumbled to its base and lay there, crumpled and weeping. Voldemort fixed his scarlet gaze upon Harry, emitting a high-pitched, chilling, joyless laughter.

Wormtail's robes were now gleaming with blood; he had wrapped the stump of his arm with them.

"My Lord..." he choked, "my Lord... you promised... you did promise..."

"Extend your arm," lazily instructed Voldemort.

"Oh, master... thank you, master..."

He stretched out his bleeding stump, but Voldemort laughed once more.

"The other arm, Wormtail."

"Master, please... please..."
Voldemort bent down and pulled out Wormtail's left arm.

He forcibly rolled up the sleeve of Wormtail's robes beyond his elbow, and Harry caught sight of something on the skin there, something akin to a vivid red tattoo - a skull with a snake emerging from its mouth - the very same emblem that had appeared in the sky during the Quidditch World Cup: the Dark Mark.

Voldemort examined it meticulously, paying no mind to Wormtail's uncontrollable sobbing.

"It has returned," he murmured softly, "they will all have noticed it... and now, we shall see... now we shall know..."