Chapter - 22

When Lisa and everyone else arrived at Manoban Hospital, they went straight to Jennie's room. The doctor had already checked on Jennie, and s
he's on an IV drip.

Seeing Jennie lying on the bed with the IV drip, Lisa felt deeply hurt because she always wished for Jennie to be healthy and happy.

Mr. Manoban is also upset. When Jennie was 5 years old, his mom left, and since then, Jennie had always stayed with his butler. But when the butler’s mom fell ill, he had to go to Busan, and Jennie, who was very attached to him, felt abandoned.

Mr. Kim spent most of his time on his business because he wanted the best future for Jennie, but Jennie never asked him for his time and remained lonely.

Jennie had friends like Seul, Jisoo, and Kai, but Kai turned out to be just like his father. Despite everything that happened to Jennie, he never complained to anyone or demanded anyone’s time forcefully.

Jennie's grandma also preferred Jisoo over Jennie, which is why he didn’t stay with them at Kim Mansion.

---

Mr. Manoban's POV:

I sat beside Jennie's bed, looking at him. As handsome as he is, his luck never seems to favor him. Everyone sees Jennie as cheerful and lively, but he has never shown or shared his pain with anyone. I know he's lonely inside.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when Jennie screamed, "Mom, mom, please come back."

Tears were rolling down from the corners of Jennie's eyes. It hurt me deeply to see him like this. I promise I'll bring your mom back to you.

"Seo, Lili doesn't love me," Jennie said, which left me a bit shocked, but Jennie was still asleep.

I looked at Lisa because I knew that Jennie used to call her Lili when they were kids. Lisa was avoiding my gaze. I don't know why Jennie said that, but Lisa belongs to Jennie. We had decided this since their childhood.

Two weeks ago,

I picked up the diary from my friend's bedside. I knew this diary belonged to my best friend, Hyun Bin. I opened it and started reading.

"There are some people I always want to remember, especially my son Jennie, whom I love very much. I wish I had spent more time with him, but now I can't, as I don't know when I'll forget everything.

Before I lose everything, I want to meet Son Ye Jin. I've searched for her everywhere but couldn't find her.

I trust my best friend Min Ho. Even after I forget everything, I believe he will take care of Jennie and keep his promise.

I want to see my son Jennie get married, but I know both of them are still very young and always fighting.

Son Ye Jin wanted Lisa for our son Jennie, so I asked my friend for Lisa's hand in marriage for my son. He promised that when they grow up, they will get married.

I trust only Min Ho to take care of Jennie, no one else. I wish Butler Lee could stay with Jennie, but I don't know where he is now. Butler Lee loved Jennie very much.

Whoever is reading this diary, please, if possible, find Butler Lee because Jennie misses him very much. I know this for sure."

I then placed the diary on the side table, looked at my best friend, and said, "I promise I will find Butler Lee and Son Ye Jin, and I will never let anything bad happen to Jennie."

I was lost in my thoughts when someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see my wife. "Where are you lost?" she asked.

I glanced at Jennie and replied, "Nothing." My phone rang, and I saw it was Hanbin calling. I stood up and said, "I'll be right back." I left the room and answered the call.

Hanbin - "Sorry, boss, for calling, but this is urgent."

Mr. Manoban - "No problem. What's the matter?"

Hanbin - "Boss, we need to get Myun Min's wife out of the jungle house immediately, or else Myun Min is going to do something terrible to her."

Mr. Manoban - "What's happened? Tell me clearly."

Hanbin - "Boss, I found out that Myun Min forcibly married her and has brainwashed her. She is actually Son Ye Jin, the wife of Myun Min's younger brother, Hyun Bin. Today, Myun Min plans to brainwash her again, and if that happens, she might never remember anything."

Mr. Manoban - "Okay, I'm coming right now."

I called my people and headed straight there myself.

---

Meanwhile...

Myun Min had figured it out, so he had devised a plan to challenge Mr. Manoban to a game and let him know that he couldn't do anything. Before Mr. Manoban and his people arrived, Myun Min had already left with Ye Jin, leaving behind a note.

"Hey Min Ho, once again, I'm one step ahead of you. I managed to convey this message to your investigator myself. Well, let me tell you one thing, I love Ye Jin very much, so I'll never do anything bad to her. But you, take care of Jennie. Start counting Jennie's remaining days because he doesn't have much time left. And Hyun Bin is soon going to forget everything. I'll then rename his company after myself, and you won't be able to do anything about it."

When Mr. Manoban read this note, he became very angry, but then he thought of changing his plan.

To be continue...

The story is about to take a new direction. Are you excited? Let's quickly complete 60 votes so that I can update the next chapter in the evening. Bye!