Guilty As Sin?

The picturesque view from your Airbnb in Italy almost made you forget that you haven't seen your wife in two weeks. You had your dream job. Getting to have a lead role where you got to stay in Italy would be ideal if Emily could be there with you, but she was filming The Fall Guy in Australia.

You planned a surprise visit to Sydney. You couldn't wait to be in Emily's arms again. But what you didn't know was that she missed you more than she led on.

———————
When you arrived at Emily's place in Sydney it had a cold, desolate feeling to it. You set your bag down on the couch and look around for Emily.

"Emily?" you call out, but get no response.

You walk up the stairs where the bedroom is and you hear the shower. You decide to wait downstairs for her to finish.

You're sitting on the couch scrolling on your phone when you hear footsteps coming down the stairs. When you look up your hearts sinks. Emily's face is covered in tears and she has puffy eyes. Her hair is wet and she is wearing one of your sweatshirts.

"Em?" you say hesitantly.

She jumps at the sound of your voice.

"Y/n." she says breathlessly, looking at you with new tears brimming in her eyes.

You don't hesitate to bring her into a hug, your hand running over her hair and pulling her head to your chest.

"What's wrong, baby?" you say, choking back tears of your own.

"I can't do this anymore— be away from you like this." she sobs into your shirt.

"I know, I know. It's so hard." you admit, breathing in the smell of her clean hair.

"I can't believe you're here." she says, sighing with relief into your touch.

After a while of being in each other's arms, you bring her over to the couch.

"I'm staying here for a week." you say with a smile.

"Good, but I wish it was longer." she says with a weak laugh.

"Yeah, me too." you kiss her temple.

You two both cuddle on the couch talking about work and watching TikTok's together. You were scrolling on your phone when the song "Guilty As Sin?" by Taylor Swift showed up on your for you page. Emily hummed to the beat.

"You like this song?" you ask.

"I listen to it everyday and think of you."

"But you have me, darling. It's not just in your mind."

"I know but it feels like all I have are videos and pictures of you, not the real you." she starts to choke up, "but I know you'll come back to me, I just feel so alone when your not here."

"Oh, Em." you feel a tear fall down your cheek.

Emily was laying her head on your lap, looking up at you. You reached your finger out and traced the word "mine" on her upper thigh.

"Now I'm writing mine on your upper thigh and it's not only in your mind." you say with a smile, leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"God, I love you so much." she says, covering her blush with her hands.

She sits up to face you and kisses your lips softly.

"You'll always be mine, and I'll always be yours." you whisper against her lips.