Obsessed with your ex

It was the night of the baftas. Emily was wearing a stunning intricate gown that accentuated her curves. Her hair in a curled updo. You were wearing a strapless dark purple dress that was tight at the top and flowy on the bottom.

Being at Emily's side during all the events during award season has been so great. Emily's performance in Oppenheimer was so moving, you couldn't be more proud to be her girlfriend. You two had been dating since the night of the met gala in 2021.

Emily takes your hand as you both walk out of the event, heading to the after party. You both change into more comfortable outfits. Emily is wearing a black skirt with a white top and a black blazer. You changed into a black pant suit with the blazer open, revealing a white tube top.

"Wow Y/n, you look so hot in that suit."

You blush giving your awestruck girlfriend a spin.

"Really? I love this look, it's super comfortable! You look really amazing too Em."

"Thank you. Alright enough admiring me sweetheart, I don't want us to be late!"

The driver pulls up to the party at 11:15pm on the dot. You know this must make Emily thrilled to be right on time.

"Come on let's go get some drinks!"

You say pulling Emily behind you through the crowd of well dressed A-listers. As your looking for the bar you get stopped by the one and only, Jennifer Lawrence.

"Y/n! How are you it's been so long!"

"Too long!"

You reply pulling her into a big hug.

"I don't believe you've met my girlfriend."

"I've seen her around events but we haven't met before."

"Hi Jennifer it's lovely to meet you! I loved you in Silver Linings Playbook."

Emily reaches out and shakes Jennifer's hand. There is a tension in the air. You and jennifer dated for two months about 4 years ago. So she was your ex before Emily. You ended on good terms, you both realized you were better as friends and that was that. But you could tell there was coldness in Emily's stare.

"Oh really? thank you. I love your work as well, I think my favorite would have to be A Quiet Place but your performance in Oppenheimer was phenomenal."

"Thanks."

Emily replies with a smile.

"Why don't I get us all some drinks?"

Emily offered.

"That would be awesome."

"I can come with you honey."

You say gently touching her arm.

"No it's fine. Catch up with Jennifer! I'll be right back."

You could tell Emily was slightly upset but you ignored it and focused you attention back to Jennifer.

"So do you have any new projects coming up?"

"No, I'm taking a break for a bit. I think I might travel. But filming No Hard Feelings was a lot of fun. I think I want to do more comedy again."

"Yeah it was a good movie, you never fail to make me laugh."

"Well trust me once we get some drinks I will be the one laughing."