Lily Houghton

Lily had been your best friend for ages. So when you heard about her dream to discover the tears of the moon, you immediately agreed to go on the adventure with her.

You cared for Lily a great deal, but you never could imagine being more than friends. Not like you didn't have feelings for her, but there was no chance she felt the same.

It was the first night on Frank's river boat, and you were observing Lily from a distance as she drew in her sketch book.

You stood up and sat down next to Lily to get a closer look at what she was drawing.

"You're distracting me, love." she said softly

You let out a breathy laugh and took a stray piece of Lily's hair that had fallen out of her braid, tucking it behind her ear.

She sighed, setting down her drawing and turning to face you, "What is it that you want, hm?"

"I'm just bored." you said with a smile, but Lily just looked annoyed.

"Why don't you head to bed?"

"Is everything alright, Lil?" you asked, concerned.

"Trouble in paradise?" Frank chimed in from behind the wheel.

You both rolled your eyes at him and Lily stood up grabbing your hand and yanking you downstairs.

"Woah, slow down." you said, practically tripping on your way to the spare room in the cabin.

Lily fell backwards onto the mattress, covering her face with her hands.

"He drives me absolutely mad." she stated, muffled behind her hands.

You sat on the bed next to her and set your hand on her thigh, moving your thumb back and forth as you said, "Why does what Frank says bother you so much?"

Lilly pulled her hands off her face and sat up to face you.

"I don't know, I just don't like that he assumes things about 'us'." she says, gesturing towards both of you with her hand.

"Well, you know that we're never going to be in a romantic relationship." you stated.

Lily's POV

When you heard those words leave Y/n's mouth you felt a pit in your stomach. You were so in love with her but how were you supposed to communicate that if she could never see you in that way?

You couldn't help the tears that started to form in your eyes.

Your POV

"Lily, darling what's wrong?" you questioned, wrapping your arm around her shoulder.

Her head fell into your chest as you rubbed her back and kissed her head. She continued to cry silently as you held her close. Your stomach ached, you hated that you felt these feelings for Lily.

"Why do you say never?" Lily questioned, her nose was still buried into your chest and the feeling of her breath down your shirt made you feel faint.

In all seriousness you didn't know what to say. Now you started to think Lily was upset because she has feelings for you too.

Your thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on the door to the spare room.

"You in there, pants?" you heard Frank ask through the wood door.

Lily immediately pulled away from you, wiping her tear stained face. As she stood up to open the door, you put the back of your hands to your cheeks to try and hide the blush Lily had caused.

When Lily opened the door she didn't say anything to Frank, just pushed passed him, marching up to the top of the boat. Frank gave you a questioning stare.

"She's just dramatic." you said.

"I thought McGregor was the dramatic one?" Frank questioned, walking into the room to lean against the door frame.

"Must run in the family." you say shrugging, "speaking of where is he?"

"Passed out asleep."

"Got it. I'm going to check on Lily then, see you in the morning." you say as you exit the room.

Lily is standing with her back to you as she gazes out into the vast darkness of the Amazon.

"Lily?" you ask hesitantly.

She doesn't say anything so you decide to walk next to her. She doesn't turn to face you but she says, "What if I wanted to be in a romantic relationship with you?"

You were shocked by her words, but it didn't scare you, it excited you.

"Well, have you ever been with a girl before?"

She turned to face you now, playing with a strand of your hair.

"No, but I do know you pretty well."

"Do you now?" you said teasingly, a grin appearing across your face.

"Y/n." she said sighing dramatically as she turned away from you.

You placed your hands on her hips, pulling her back towards you.

"Lil, how do you know you really have feelings for  me?" you looked deeply into her eyes as you spoke.

"I know, because every aspect of you is perfect. The way you act, how you speak or when you're close to me I feel weak in the knees." she admitted, putting her hand to her forehead.

"Does this make you weak in the knees?" you ask as you press your lips to the base of her neck, kissing along the side till you reach her jawline, making her head fall back.

"God, yes." she says breathlessly as you smile against her skin.

She pushes you off of her, irritated by the control you have of the situation.

"Before anything happens tell me how you feel around me." she says trying to pull herself together, crossing her arms over chest.

"Lily you know I feel the same."

"Say it then." she says, her eyes widening.

You take a breath and say, "Lily you are so insanely brave and driven by what you're passionate about. I am so over the moon, completely in love with you because not only do you care about me over all else, but you are effortlessly beautiful—."

You're interrupted by her lips on yours. She kissed you with passion, her hands pulling at the hairs on the back of your neck.

You both pulled back, you still holding onto to by her belt loops.

"Stay with me tonight?" she asked, putting her forehead against yours.

"Always."