The Sun and The Moon

You were in a toxic relationship to say the least, but being friends with Emily made things a little less painful. Your girlfriend would do stupid things like blow you off to hang out with her friends, but you didn't really trust or like her friends. You had a theory that she might be cheating on you, but you had nothing to prove it.

Emily was always there for you when you needed her. The late night talks when your girlfriend, Alison, was no where to be found, the phone calls when you were hiding in the bathroom fearing she'd lash out and hit you. Emily was always there.

Tonight you were at an after party for the Oscars. Of course you had no idea where Alison was. She said she left to get you both drinks but after 15 minutes of waiting, you walked over to the bar, and there was no sight of her.

You sighed and ordered yourself a couple shots. Feeling the haze of the alcohol, you summoned the courage to look for Alison.

You walked around the massive mansion through the crowd of well dressed actors. You found yourself looking into the bedrooms on the third floor when you discovered something so terrible that you thought your heart was going to squeeze right out of your chest.

You couldn't speak, but Alison and her 'friend' Chloe noticed your presence and immediately started to put their clothes back on.

"Y/n, baby. It's not what it looks like!" Alison stammers in defense as she notices the tears brimming in your eyes.

You start to hyperventilate, but you try your best to steady your breathing so you can speak.

"We— we're done." you choke out.

You run as fast as you can. Nearly tripping over your long black gown. You felt sick. It wasn't a surprise, but it still hurt.

You rush through the second floor, trying to find the stairs but it's impossible to see through your glossy eyes. You ran into someone, bumping shoulders. You nearly fell over if they didn't catch you.

"Y/n?" you hear the familiar British accent of your best friend.

"Emily?"

Your tears started to fade away as you stood up to face her. She was wearing a light blue strapless sheer gown that hugged her figure. She was so effortlessly beautiful with the way her hair fell in waves over her exposed shoulders. You missed what she said in response, distracted by her captivating appearance.

"What?" you asked, snapping out of your trance when she set a hand on your shoulder.

"I asked what happened, love." she spoke softly.

You snapped back into reality, the realization of what just happened rushing back to you. Emily noticed you starting to hyperventilate, and she took your hand in hers.

"It alright sweetheart, let's go somewhere private." she says reassuringly as she guides you into the closest room, which so happens to be an all black bathroom with dim lighting.

After Emily closes the door, she holds you by your forearms, rubbing circles with her thumbs in an attempt to settle your fast breathing.

You couldn't help it, you started to have an anxiety attack. The emotions taking over you. Unable to breathe or speak. You leant all you weight on Emily as you cried.

The weight of your body carried you down to the floor, your back leaning against the cool tub. Emily went down with you, not breaking her hold of her arm around your waist.

"Breathe in and out. I'm right here, you're safe." she repeated in a whisper, slowly calming your rapid breathing.

When you steadied your breathing, you leaned a head on Emily's shoulder, continuing to silently cry. All she did was hold you, and that's what you needed.