The Met Gala

The flicker of cameras flashing was all you could see as you stepped onto the red carpet to enter the met gala.

For years you dreamed of getting to wear beautiful ball gowns and look at the magnificent art work at the met. And now here you were, in the year of 2021 attending your 5th met gala.

Of course you wish there was a date on your arm, but there were no contenders so you decided to go solo.

Across the carpet a familiar face catches your eye

"Taylor!",you yelled across the carpet.

"Oh my God, Y/n!"

The one and only Taylor Swift, who you recently befriended at one of Blake Lively's halloween parties, was wearing a stunning blue Dolce Gabbana gown.

You ran to her side, desperate for the flash of cameras to not just be on you.

"Y/n, did you see who's here?"

Taylor whispered to me so the cameras couldn't read her lips.

"No, who?"

"Only your celebrity crush, Emily Blunt."

"Taylor for God's sake I've never even met her before."

I replied somewhat sadly but also kind of embarrassed.

"Could you please introduce me to her?"

My mood suddenly changing at the idea of finally meeting Emily.

"Oh for sure!"

Taylor pulled us both away from the cameras and up to where the majority of the interviews were taking place.

"Okay, I think she's over this way."

"Oh my God, that's her."

you could barely breathe. Emily was wearing a sparkling dress by Miu Miu. She was laughing at something her friend, Sienna Miller had said, and oh my God the way she smiled. You nearly fainted.

"Y/n?"

Taylor was snapping her fingers in front of your eyes, but you were too entranced by the woman in front of you.

"What? Oh yeah sorry, I just can— how is she real?"

"You haven't even spoken to her yet! she is the sweetest, come on let's go."

"Emily! Sienna! It's so nice to see you both! I am obsessed with your outfits!"

Taylor is making conversation with them as you just stand there like statue.

"Emily I don't know if you've met my friend Y/n."

"No, I haven't but I have seen a few of your films Y/n, and I have to say I love your work."

Your heart skipped a beat.

"Wow that means so much coming from you Emily. I am such a big fan of your work."

You both just stand there in awe of each other for a moment before Taylor interrupts by pulling Sienna to the side to give you and Emily some time to talk.

you say to Emily,

"You look absolutely stunning tonight."

"Thank you! you look beautiful as well."

"Do you want to go look at some of the art work together?"

"Sure, I'd love to."

You and Emily walk side by side into the gallery, until Emily breaks the silence with a question,

"So do you come to the met ball often?"

"I try to go every year, if I'm not shooting a film. But I just love getting to be here. It was always my dream to come to these events."

"I try to come every year as well, but I had no interest in fashion until I got into the acting business. I used to dress absolutely dreadfully."

"Oh come on it couldn't have been that bad!"

"Trust me. I will show you some photos sometime."

Emily said this with an adorable giggle. I couldn't help but drop my eyes to her lips. Lined with a pinkish lipliner and filled in with shiny lip gloss.

"Did you always want to be an actress?"

I asked her.

"I think a part of me did, but I never imagined I could make a career out of it. My mom tried for years to be an actress and never succeeded at making it a career. So I guess it never seemed attainable."

"Well I am so glad you were able to make it a career. I mean Emily, you are so incredibly gifted with acting."

I notice her cheeks turning a shade of light pink, and i think to myself 'did I seriously just make the Emily Blunt blush?'

Emily covers her face with her and hands and says,

"Sorry, it's hard for me to take a compliment but that means a lot thank you, Y/n."

——————————————————-

It is now close to 11:00pm, and celebrities are getting in their limos to head over to the after party.

You look around for Emily, but you haven't seen her since you separated at the event because sadly, you were seated at tables across the room from each other.

Surrounded by your team you make it into a car with Taylor.

"So how was Emily?"

Taylor asked me in a knowing way. I ducked my head in embarrassment but smiling hidden behind my hands.

"She was so incredibly kind and just so drop dead gorgeous and I mean like the easiest person to talk to. Do you know if she's going to the after party?"

Taylor laughed at my eagerness to see Emily again.

"I am pretty sure she is, but did you get her phone number or anything."

"ugh no I didn't, but hopefully she's at the party."

—————————————————

part 2 coming soon