Chapter 22

Mac and Ari returned indoors and hid in their usual spot near Jack. Jack noticed their presence and asked, "Is that you and Aria?" Aria confirmed, "Yeah, Jack, who else would it be?" Nikki chimed in, "I was just checking." Mac then asked Jack if everything was alright. Aria couldn't help but snicker at Mac's comment. Jack replied, "Very funny, you two. No, everything is not alright. I don't know how much longer I can handle it." Ari asked, "Handle what, Jack?" Mac interjected, "You don't want her to get married because you still have feelings for Sarah." Aria was shocked and said to Jack, "I knew something was going on between you two." Aria urged Jack to talk to Sarah about his feelings. Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching, and Jack prepared his gun, saying, "Here we go." Nikki reaches the church, and upon spotting her, the team greets her. Jack calls out to Nikki, and Mac and Ari show up. In response, Nikki starts running. Mac tells Nikki to stop, and the gang chases after her. Sarah and Jack aim their guns at Nikki, but Sarah soon realizes that Nikki is an undercover CIA agent. Sarah acknowledges this and she and Jack put their guns down. The team then departs to have a conversation.