Chapter 34 - Cintra 27!

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

Madara led the girl who was now hidden in a servant's outfit, clinging close to him as they moved through the castle's corridors, passing by servants and guards while some looked at them curiously, more so because of Madara walking around with a book in hand than the "servant" child following him, as they remained silent. Well, that was until the princess grew bored of it all.

"Where are we going?" She whispered, not wanting to attract attention lest someone tell her grandmother about her escape from her room.

"We're heading out to the most open place possible," Madara said calmly, following the path.

"Really, can we train with swords and you teach me some of your cool skills?" She exclaimed, raising her voice before quickly covering her mouth again while looking around to see if anyone recognized her.

Madara didn't mind and kept walking as the girl soon caught up. "You walk too fast!" She complained quietly.

"You want to train and complain about a walk?" Madara couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at that.

"That's not what I meant!" She pouted, but Madara didn't care and answered her other question.

"No, we won't be training. I'm reading this book and that's what I intend to do. You can go back to your room or anywhere else if this is boring for you, princess," Madara said calmly.

"No." She simply said. "And you should call me Ciri!" She reminded him, but Madara said nothing.

They continued along the path until finally exiting through one of the castle's entrances, which was a bit higher and this path led outside the place. Madara glanced at the royal garden as they passed by; he knew it wasn't a place for someone like him to enter, but he could easily hide his presence and enjoy the quiet spot.

"I'm going there, goodbye, PRINCESS," Madara spoke, emphasizing the girl's title, and before the girl could react, he jumped from that height into the garden silently.

"WAIT!" Cirilla exclaimed as she ran to the edge of the place and saw him dropping from 20 meters and continuing to walk as if he hadn't done something superhuman.

"Not even Geralt can do something like that, amazing..." She murmured, watching Madara walk away and then remembering her situation. "He left me alone!" She exclaimed dissatisfied, starting to run from there.

Madara found a pleasant spot when he saw a lake, sitting in the shade of a tree while leaning against it and starting to open his book, beginning with the basic words. 'Learning the words and letters is the hardest thing, the writing I can simply copy with my sharingan by asking the mage to write in front of me....' Madara thought as he continued memorizing the words and forming them with the letters he had learned from the basics in yesterday's lesson.

It didn't take long for Madara to hear steps coming behind him, while he seemed not to care as usual, since the steps were quite light.

"I was wondering how long you would take to get here... I was hoping you'd go back to your room and not keep following a stranger around the castle," Madara said, opening a rare smile with the small joke.

"You smile!" She exclaimed, pointing at Madara as if she were seeing something strange.

"Tsk," Madara just clicked his tongue and returned to his book, closing off his expression again.