What To Expect 22

++ The One That Got Away++

Jason's P.O.V

It has been a week after Tracey is in her coma. Madeline wouldn't stop crying. But whenever we are near to Tracey, she will always stays happy by her mother's side.

We spent our whole day at the hospital. Eat and do our works. We got home at eight every night. Tomorrow is the day I proposed her at the Eiffel Tower. The day my life changes to a better guy. The day I can see the real happiness. The day I confessed to her that I love her till death. The day I will always celebrate our anniversary. I know it is weird. We celebrate our anniversary on the day I proposed her. We change things around. The day when Madeline is always excited about. She loves celebrating our anniversary. Its the day.

I got home and went to sleep. Since Tracey is in the hospital, Madeline will always sleep with me. She will always pray for her mom before we got to sleep.

We woke up the next day, I got ready and went down to have some breakfast. My siiblings Jessica and Jadon are here so Jessie will cook. Wr do have a maid but I would prefer my own family member to do all tge cookings. Few minutes later, Madeline came down looking as cute as her mom. "Princess, why are you looking so cute today?" I put her on my lap and she kisses my cheeks. " because I am going to meet mommy. I dreamt last night that mommy has git better and healthier as usual. She came running to me as dhe hug me. And you were there too." She smiles. Her smile really does look like Tracey. We got out of the house together with Jessica and Jadon.

The traffic in Manhattan was so hethic. We got our self at the hospital 35 minutes late. Usually it will take us about 30 minutes drive.

As we arrived, Madeline can't stop smiling but then the smile stopped. "Mr McCann, I was about to call you. Mrs McCann she is now critical" Dr Allison said to me. My heart beats so fast and I ran towards the ICU. I walked to her and she opens her eyes. She sobs while saying " I love you Jason. Mommy loves you Madeline. Give this to Machaela." She hand me an envelope. I hold her hand tightly. After awhile her hand was released slowly. And her eyes were closed with her soft look, Madeline hugged her tightly. The doctor came to do some checks. And everything has gone on our anniversary.

The funeral was filled with our staffs and families. Madeline got her self hugged by Machaela. Machaela calmed her down. After we left the cemetery, I went home with my family and Tracey's with me. Madeline got Machaela to follow us home since she need someone.

As we reached home, Jessica went to the kitchen to make some drinks for the others with my mom and Machaela. Madeline followed me to her room to get her changed. She want to change into a white floral dress her mommy got for her, to be worn at home. After I had changed her, I also changed into a white polo tee Tracey got for me before she was admitted.

I went to the drawer and got the envelope. I can't control tears from going down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To: My dearest husband, Jason.

Love,

The day we met. The day we became close. The day you proposed me. The day we got married. The day we got Madeline. And every second and minutes I spend with you. You will never be my first but my you are my last and I will still make you as my first. I am sorry for not telling you about this disease earlier. I just don't want to ruin the happiness from you and Madeline. She is our princess. You are a great dad, love. I am so lucky to be yours and Madeline is so lucky to have you as a dad. I know that I am not there but you have to know that I will always be watching the both of you from up. I love you Jason. I will always do. The day you proposed me is the day I started to believe that my future will be the happiest with you. And it really does. I have the most loving family I have always wished for. I have the most supporting husband. The coolest dad. A loving guy. A guy that always know to make his future brighter for the good of his generation. From a music editor to a CEO and founder of a company. You have all those things that every lady have put in their wish list. A responsible, loving and supporting guy. Thank you for everything love. I am not there now. But I want you to know that whatever it is, I want you to move on and make your future as bright as the stars. I love you forever.

Your sweetheart,

Tracey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To: Mommy's one and only Princess Madeline.

Baby girl,

You have grown. Mommy is not there with you so I want you to always listen to you daddy. I am sorry for leaving you but god wants to take me away. I can fight those fates in life. You always tell me that you are the happiest and luckiest girl in school to have mommy and daddy like us. Even though I am gone, you must always be the happiest girl because you have your daddy with you. I know that It would not be the same without me by your side but as I said this is all fate. If you need anything just pray to god. I love you Madeline. Be a good girl alright. Study well. Make the McCann proud. make me proud.

Love;

Mommy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read the letter with Madeline and just in a second Madeline hugged me while sobbing. " Daddy, I miss mommy?" she took Tracey's picture on the bedside table and hugged it tightly. After awhile, she fell asleep on lap. I put her on the bed and she grabs my hand before I could walked out. " daddy, can i have mommy's dress? I want to hug it" I control my tears not to cry in front of my princess. I am a man. I have to stay string for the sake of my daughter. I went to the walk-in closet and grab one of Tracey's favorite shirt and gave it to Madeline.

I went downstairs after I have put Madeline to sleep. " Jason, we got to go now. How was Madeline? "my mom asked me. "She is sleeping right now while hugging Tracey's shirt and picture. All of them looked down. My dad patted my shoulder. " Jason, if you don't mind. Let me and Jadon stay with you for few days. I could have a look on Madeline while you go to work. My semester break starts next week. I still 5 days to stay." Jessica suggested. I nodded as a yes. " what about the other days?" Glinda ( Tracey's mom) asked me. " That is a good question Glinda?" my mom said in an agree mode. " Tracey told me that Machaela is also close with Madeline. Maybe she can take that job of looking after Madeline. if you don't mind Jason?" Glinda asked me. Since Machaela has went home earlier I told them that I'll ask Machaela for permission. " I think he is worried about secretary aren't you Jason?" my brother, Jadon, asked me. " I'll settle this thing when I got back to the office. I'm not going to office for two days. " I explained. "whatever it is son. we will always support you" my dad said. " yes we will all do." Charlie ( Tracey's father) agreed.

After the conversation, they went home. Jessica and Jadon got home and took their stuffs and came back at my place.

That night, I just stare at the wall across my bed that was decorated with our family potrait and I can still hear the laugh from Tracey plying in my mind. I just can't believe this had happened in my life. Tracey Avery Fedrick will always be in my mind and my memory. Forever.

___________________________________________________

what do you guys think about this chapter? It is sad or not? for me it is. :)