chapter 23

My one and only hope

During night

Bani heard a sound and slowly woke up, her vision got blurry from the effects of the drug. She blinked several times, trying to clear her eyes, and saw a dark figure walking towards her.

Panic surged through her, but she tried to focus. As the figure came closer, she rubbed her eyes, desperately trying to clear her vision. When she finally managed to see more clearly, she recognized the figure and woke up from the bed saying "Arjun" and went running towards him.

As Bani ran towards Arjun, he caught her in his arms, holding her tightly. "Bani, are you okay?" he asked as his voice filled with concern.

Bani, still shaken and weak from the drug, clung to him. "Arjun, I... I don't know what happened. Vikram... he was here, and then..." Her voice trailed off as she tried to make sense of the situation.

Arjun guided her back to the bed and made her sit down. "It's okay, Bani. I'm here now. You're safe," he reassured her, gently stroking her hair. "You're not alone, Bani. I'll always be here for you".

As Bani slowly regained her composure, she realized just how much Arjun meant to her. Despite the fear and confusion, a sense of safety enveloped her in his arms.

Then, onky then, Vikram stepped into the room, clapping his hands with a demonic laugh. "Welcome home, Arjun,".

Both Bani and Arjun stood up. Arjun positioned himself protectively in front of Bani, and she held onto his hand tightly.

"You came all the way here just to be killed by me," Vikram taunted.

Arjun's eyes narrowed. "We'll see who kill whom."

Vikram chuckled. "Clever answer. But how did you find this place, man?"

Arjun replied confidently by looking at bani, "If you love someone enough, destiny will show you the way."

Vikram rolled his eyes. "So cheesy."

Vikram took a step closer and his sinister smile never fading. "But seriously, Arjun, did you really think you could just come in here and take her away from me?"

Arjun's grip on Bani's hand tightened. "I came here to protect her, Vikram. And I won't let you hurt her anymore."

Vikram's expression darkened. "Protect her? From what? From me? You have no idea who you're dealing with."

Bani, despite her fear, found her voice. "And you don't know with whom you are dealing with. Tum ye sab kyun kar rahe ho Vikram?"

(But why are you doing all this?)

Vikram laughed again, a cold, empty sound. "Tum samajhte ho ke tum mujhe jaante ho Arjun? You have no idea. All those sweet words, all those gestures they were just to get her to trust me.

(Do you even know who I am?)

Arjun gave Vikram a smirk saying, "Tumhare maa-baap ne tumhe nahi bataya ke tum kaun ho?"

(Why didn't your parents tell you who you are?)

Vikram taken back and paused for a second and then pointed finger at arjun, "Tu hi asli problem hai. Hamesha mere raaste mein aata hai."

(You are the actual problem. You are come in my way)

Arjun stepped forward, "Your games end here, Vikram. Jane do isse".

(Let her go)

Vikram shook his head slowly, a cruel smile on his lips. "You really think you can stop me? Let's see if your love can save you now."