Chapter 3

Royal love and friendship

Utkarsh rubbed his eyes as the morning sun streamed through the palace windows. He made his way to the grand dining hall, for his breakfast.

However, Queen Aishwarya, approached with a huge variety of items to eat and said "Utkarsh, my dear, you need to eat well to have the energy for the day ahead".

Utkarsh chuckled, "Mom, I appreciate it, but I can't possibly finish all of this."

While filling his plate with his favourite food suddenly she obseved scar marks on Utkarsh's hand. She gently touched his hands and asked, "Utkarsh, what happened to your hands? These marks look like dangerous".

Utkarsh, trying to hide what happened said "Oh, mom, it's nothing serious. Just a few scratches. I fell from the stairs".

The queen worried listening that "You know you can tell me anything, my son. What happened? I want to make sure you're okay. That's not scars from fall. What happened?".

Utkarsh hesitated, then sighed, "Well, I was practicing some swordplay in the training yard, and, uh, I got a bit careless. Tripped over my own feet, I suppose."

Queen by placing her hands on his shoulder "Swordplay? Utkarsh, you need to be careful. We can't afford any injuries, especially with the current situation in the kingdom."

Utkarsh assured her, "I know, Mom. I'll be more cautious. These are just minor injuries. So I didn't want to worry anyone."

The queen is still being worried "You're our future king, Utkarsh. Your well-being is our importance. Please, promise me you'll be more careful."

Utkarsh smiled, "I promise, mom. I'll take extra precautions. No more unnecessary risks."

Then again she started filling his plate with different food items. Utkarsh tried to stop his mom from filling the plate but the queen decided to not to listen what continued Utkarsh is saying and continued to fill the plate, "Nonsense, my son. A growing prince needs a healthy breakfast. Try this, it's your favorite."

Utkarsh attempted to protest between bites, "Mom, really, I won't be able to move if I eat all of this."

Then queen laughed, "you're a strong young man. A little extra won't hurt. Now, have some more of this. See if one day you get married even your wife feeds you the same way, what will you do then".

Utkarsh couldn't help but smile back, appreciating the care that surrounded him.

Just as he was eating King Parthiv entered the room "Utkarsh, put that down. We have an important ministerial meeting today," the king said, motioning for him to follow.

The Queen stopped Utkarsh and said "have your breakfast first and then go to the meeting".

Utkarsh sighed but obediently set aside his breakfast and said "no mom, i can't have breakfast I should go to the meeting" and he started walking behind his father. As they walked through the palace corridors, King began discussing the matters preparing Utkarsh for their fight against enemh kingdom.

The ministerial meeting room was filled with advisors. Utkarsh took a seat next to his father and all of them started discussing about their next move.

The meeting went on for another few hours and the king and his army came with many new plans.

After that Utkarsh, deep in thought, stood on the balcony. King joined him by saying "Utkarsh, there's something I need to discuss with you".

Utkarsh turned to his father "What is it, dad?"