Chapter-10

There was a lot of preparation going on since this morning at the Jannat Mansion because Mr. Ibrahim's son-in-law was coming home for the first time after the wedding.
Tabassum Begum was cooking various types of dishes in celebration of her son-in-law's arrival. Ayesha was also helping her.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
It was evening and everyone was busy with their tasks. Mr. Ibrahim said to Haleema to asked Umar, when he would be coming home.
Haleema said, "Okay, abbu, I'll ask him right now."
Haleema calls Umar. As soon as Umar sees the screen, he immediately answers the call and says, "Assalamu Walaikum, meri jaan."
Haleema responds, "Walaikum Assalam," and then ask I wanted to ask... She stops speaking after saying just that much.

Umar asked, "What happened? Why did you go silent?" Then he quickly added, "Are you missing me ?"
Haleema said, I didn't say anything like that. I was going to say that Abbu is asking when you'll be coming home.

Umar felt sad upon hearing this getting angrily and said, Then tell abbu that I will be home in 20 minutes.
Haleema said, Okay and she hung up the phone.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
It was 7 in the evening, the sun had set, and a gentle cool breeze was blowing all around. Everyone at Jannat Mansion was busy with preparations when suddenly...Hearing the sound of Umar's car. Ibrahim sahab calls everyone and says, Hurry up everyone our son-in-law has arrived.

Umar parks the car and gets out, carrying the belongings he brought with him. He walks towards the door and, upon reaching it, rings the doorbell. The door opens immediately.

With a smile, Umar greets Ibrahim sahab saying, Assalamu walaikum abbu.
Ibrahim sahab warmly embraces Umar and says, Come inside son.
Umar enters with Mr. Ibrahim. Once inside, Ibrahim sahab invites Umar to sit on the sofa in the lounge. Umar sits down and hands over some sweets and gifts to Mr. Ibrahim saying,abbu please take these from my family side.
Ibrahim sahab said, beat, this wasn't necessary.Umar replied It was necessary. Ibrahim sahab taking the sweets and gifts, called out to Tabassum and Ayesha to set the table for the meal.

Tabassum Begum and Ayesha brought a tray of tea along with some other items and set them on the table, then sat down on the sofa nearby. Umar greeted Tabassum Begum with "Assalamu Alaikum," to which she lovingly replied. Ayesha also greeted her jiju with "Assalamu Alaikum." Umar with a slight smile, responded, "Walaikum Assalam, Sali sahiba.
Ayesha said,jiju please try these pakode . I made them especially for you.

Umar said, Yes, of course, I'll definitely taste them.
Umar ate one of the pakode and said Wow you have a lot of skill in your hands too. You've made this very well.

Ayesha replied, "Thank you."

Ibrahim sahab asked Ayesha beta Where is Haleema? Call her.

Ayesha replied, Appi is just getting water in the kitchen. She'll be here in 2 minutes.

Umar looks towards Haleema, and as always, he couldn't help but catch his breath at the sight of her. The sip of water he had taken felt like it got stuck in his throat as he gazed at her.

Tabassum Begum said,beta drink your water slowly.

Umar replied, Yes, Mom, it's just that the water went down the wrong way on its own.

Ayesha said to Umar, jiju it's okay. I understand. Appi is so lovely that anyone could slip up.

Umar chuckled and said to Ayesha, You're right, meri biwi hai hi bhut khubsurat.

Haleema, sitting on the sofa, was listening to the conversation between Ayesha and Umar.

Ibrahim asked Umar, beta today I saw on the news that your and Haleema's wedding was mentioned, but they neither mentioned Haleema's name nor showed her face. They just said that the wedding took place. Why is that?