Chapter Four: The Story

The got up in the air again and the quickly made their way to her balcony. Sailor Aldebaran put her finger over her lips to tell Omicron to be quiet. Inside, they could hear two voices.

"I miss her."

"So do I, Kasan."

Sailor Aldebaran smiled. She knew the voices. They were her brothers', but she did not enter the room just yet.

"Do you think she'll come home?"

"For her sake, I hope not. We're in danger here. If she knew, we'll all die."

"What am I supposed to do with all the answers I found for her? I expect her to return for it."

"I don't know. Maybe leave it on her balcony with a note?"

"Okay. I want to see her though."

Sailor Aldebaran's expression changed. She signaled for Omicron to get up in the air. Sailor Omicron followed her to the woods right near the castle.

"What do we do now?"

"Keep and eye on my balcony. If my whole family is in danger if I return, I can't risk it. I'll get my brother's research and we'll leave after making sense of it. I just hope he can fit it on one piece of parchment."

"Me too, but if not, let me help." Omicron said and then shivered. "Where will we stay?"

"I don't know." Aldebaran answered as she heard a rustling in the woods. "Who's there?"

"It's only me." an elderly woman came forward. "Princess Corinna? You shouldn't be here."

"I know. I just heard."

"You must change into your princess form. You can stay with me tonight."

"Just me?"

"What do you – oh! Another sailor! Yes, you two young ladies can stay with me. We must hide you."

"Can we trust her?"

"Yes, she's a friend. This is Maude. She's lived right outside the castle forever. She's always kept an eye on me."

The two followed Maude into her house where a fire was going.

"Come! Change and then put these robes on."

"But these are –"

"Ssh!" Corinna scolded. "She's helping. Don't be ungrateful. Things are different now."

"Sorry."

"It is all right, dear." Maude commented. "I don't have much, but what I do have, is yours as well."

Anna and Corinna helped with the dishes after Maude fed them.

"So which sailor are you? They always change."

"Wait! You know that?"

"I know a lot about the Sailor Senshi from these parts. Now, answer my question."

"I'm Sailor Omicron." Anna answered.

"Okay, so shall I start from my beginning?"

"Yes." They both answered.

"When I was a young girl, about six, I lived in the next kingdom over to the east. I was happy, but didn't have much. My parents never kept watch over me, and I was free to do as I pleased. Once day I went walking into the woods and came upon an open field full of flowers. I did not know where I was, but it wasn't good. A bunch of royal guards started to run towards me and I froze. But then, the princess Brie came over to me and stopped the guards. She was only six as well. She knew the guards knew their place and she told them I could stay and play with her. Just as she said that, the king and queen walked up to see what the commotion was. I did my bows and greeted the king and queen like I thought I should and the queen was nice enough to kneel down before me and apologize for her guards' behavior for scaring me. From that day on I was always playing with the princess. The queen and king even let me learn what their daughter was learning as the years went on."