Chapter 26: The Corridor of Elders

The Elemental Masters fly on their Dragons back to Ninjago.

"Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us. Be prepared for anything and everything" Lloyd instructs

"How did we lose so much time?" Kai questions.

Nya points ahead "There's Ninjago City."

"Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one" Lloyd says

"Let's do this!" Jay shouts

Kai lands his Dragon, and a woman sees Skylor "Serpentine!"

Everyone screams and panics.

"Uh... what" Milly says confused

"If we're the first ones they've seen, where's Chen and why hasn't he attacked?" Garmadon questions.

"We'll worry about that later; we have to get you and Skylor off the streets before you cause an even bigger panic." Kai says.

"Right, ninja let's head to the Samurai X Cave, everyone else stick together and watch over the people" Lloyd instructs.

"You too Mil" Jay looks at her "stay with the others"

"Aw come on" Milly pouts "I wanna go too."

Aria transformed back into her human form as Cole approached her.

"Come on Ari," Cole held his hand out to her "let's get you home."

"Already?!" Reika turns to him "But we just-"

"This is too dangerous for her to be involved," Cole says.

"Just a little bit longer, please." Milly begs, grabbing Cole's arm. "Please don't take her away already."

"I'm sorry Mil," Cole replies "I really am."

"It's alright," Aria smiles as she takes her cousin's hand. "Let's not keep my father waiting."

Milly and Reika grab onto Aria and hug her tightly.

"Don't forget about us," Reika says.

"Never," Aria replies before turning to Milly "Thank you for letting me on your ship."

"Thanks for getting on my ship," Milly chuckles a bit. "You're always welcome on it."

Aria pulled away reluctantly from the girls, Cole put his arm over her shoulders and led her through the city. Milly and Reika watch her leave sadly before turning back to the other elemental masters.

-

"How could you just leave like that?!" Svern shouts. "Do you know how worried I was about you?! If you were captured that's one thing! But just to leave like that, how could you..."

Cole stood with an arm around Aria as they listened to Svern's lecture to her. Aria mainly staring down at the floor with shame, not daring to look her father in the eye. She barely listened to what he was saying, until she was snapped out of her trance by her father suddenly hugging her.

"F-father?" Aria questions in shock.

"I'm just so happy... you're home." Svern finished with a quivering voice "I wouldn't know what to do... if you got hurt."

Aria's eyes watered as she slowly hugged her father back. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry father."

Cole smiled watching the father and daughter.

"You're still in big trouble though!" Svern shouts as he pushes her away gently.

"Yes, I know father." Aria responds, seeing the tears in his eyes. "I won't argue."