Chapter 18: The Invitation

"And that's it," Aria finishes "I'm sorry for lying to you all. These past few months have been the best time of my life, finally getting a taste of the freedom I've longed for. I know my father's probably worried crazy about me, and it's selfish of me to neglect my royal duties. I... just wanted-"

Aria was cut off by Milly and Reika hugging her. The rest of the crew stood behind them with a smile as Aria looked at them with confusion.

"You're no different than many of us here princess," Private smiles "we already knew there was something you weren't telling us."

"Huh?" Aria questions "But you still brought me along?"

"Of course we did idiot," Milly tells her as she and Reika stopped hugging Aria "I'm glad you could trust us enough to finally tell us the truth."

"You're not mad?" Aria asks.

"Why would we be?" Reika smiles "We're family now, and we don't feel any different about you."

"Did you not hear the whole; dark mistress is my mother thing?" Aria questions.

"Oh, we did," Milly replies.

"We just don't care," Bard says "that just makes you extra special like our captain here."

"I think being an elemental master of thunder and the offspring of evil are a bit different," Aria chuckles.

"Eh, who cares." Bard shrugs "You haven't hurt anyone have you?"

"No," Aria shakes her head.

"Then we don't care," Private laughs "you're our dearest Ari still."

"Do we have to call you princess or your highness now?" Bard asks jokingly.

"No no, please don't." Aria replies in a whining voice.

The crew laughs and Reika wraps her arms around her.

"Guess all that's left is to party!" Milly shouts happily.

"Yeah!" the others agree.

"Party?" Aria questions.

"To celebrate our escape from death once again," Reika explains "and that our precious princess is okay."

"Oh, come on," Aria giggles.

The crew brought out their liquor from downstairs and began to pass it out.

"Aren't we too young to drink?" Aria questions in surprise.

"Who the hell cares," Milly says with a smile "We're pirates!"

The crew shouts in agreement and began to party. Aria, Milly, and Reika laughed as the boys began to dance to the music stupidly, resulting in a few of them falling over. Milly grabbed onto Aria's hand, pulling her up out of her chair and into the group.

The pirate's celebration went well into the night, everyone having a good time.

"So princess, you sure you wanna keep being associated with pirates?" Milly questions as she put her arm over Aria's shoulders.

"Yeah," Aria smiles "I think I like it here."

-

A year had passed since Zane's death, all the ninjas were separated until one night they met up. There, they received an invitation from someone by the name Master Chen, who claimed he knew something about Zane. That night they headed to the docks.

"Master Chen will be charmed to see you've accepted his offer. A Master of Spinjitzu shall fare favorably in his Tournament" Clouse says.

"Hey, we're not here to fight. We're here to save a friend" Jay replies annoyed