Chapter 1: From Now On

Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master using the Four Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu; weapons so powerful, no one could handle all of their power at once. When he passed away, he left the inhabitants of the world to his one and only friend, Svern.

The two had gone through several trials together in their youth, including the battle between good and evil. This evil was none other than Svern's own wife, Layla. Consumed by greed, she longed to take the world for her own. That very greed was her own undoing.

Layla was confined to the palace in which Svern resided. However, the poor king's heart was shattered. Years later, after his friend's passing, he trusted the protection of the golden weapons to the first spinjitzu master's sons. Sven closed the palace off to others, the royal family never to be seen again by outsiders.

Unfortunately, they couldn't escape destiny, for it told that evil would rise again. The Prophecy of the Green Ninja had surfaced, and Svern could only count the days until Layla's powers would return to her.

"Your majesty!"

Svern looked up from his desk of papers at his commander.

"It's urgent! The Empress is missing!"

Svern quickly ran out of his office and followed his commander. They searched the palace from bottom to top, with no sight of the woman. They eventually made it to the last hall where they heard the cries of their young princess, not even a year old yet.

Svern hesitantly opened the door and found his wife standing over the baby's cradle. Darkness radiated from the woman, a darkness that was sealed a long time ago.

"The spider's in the house, sleep sleep. The spider bit the mouse, Sleep deep. Don't wake up or else you'll find a spider in your mouth." Layla laughs as she sung over the crying princess.

"Layla!" Svern shouts "What are you doing?!"

"Shh," Layla turns to look at him, her eyes were glowing red. "Aria's trying to sleep."

"Get away from our daughter," Svern's eyes glow purple.

"A bit hostile don't you think?" Layla questions innocently before laughing.

"I knew this day would come," Svern took a step forward "destiny is cruel."

"Not much crueler than you are dear," Layla responds as she looks back towards her daughter. "You refuse to let me leave the castle; you refuse to let me see my children... what is it about me that makes you like this? We used to have it so good."

"Don't act all innocent Layla," Svern says "after all these years, you still knew this day would come."

"I'm afraid you're not in control here Svern," Layla bends down to her daughter's cradle.

"Layla!" Svern shouts.

The young princess cries as Layla picked her up and held her in her arms.

"You don't have the guts," Layla smirks "you couldn't hurt me back then, and you can't hurt me now. The only one who can stop me is the child of destiny, and that my husband, is not you."

"Put. Her. Down." Svern growls.

"Make me," Layla replies "you have no idea what my child is in store for. A child born from a dragon and an oni is powerful you know. Who better then to go up against the destined green ninja? I wouldn't even have to lift a finger."

"You're not taking our daughter," Svern says.

"Then stop me," Layla replies "Do it-"

Layla stopped when a sharp object went through her stomach, Svern's eyes widened as she slowly turned around to see Garmadon behind her.