22

Blakeny grabs my hand and comforts me, "hey its ok, connors really strong he'll get back up don't worry" she comforts, rubbing my back. Eventually connor gets back up off the ice and everyone claps, thankful he's ok. I don't want to continue, I feel sick to my stomach, thinking about him and what happened. I cant even focus on the fact that a huge fight has ensued, all the blackhawks players finding a devils face to punch in.

i run to the locker room area trying to find connor, and I see him sitting with the trainer with blood all over his face. i can feel my eyes well up with tears and I make my way over to them "hey baby, please don't cry I'm fine" he says grabbing my hand.

"what happened out there are you okay?" I say while a couple stray tears fall down my face. "its fine, apparently I just have a broken jaw, so ill be out for while once I get surgery" he says with a swollen face.

"but hey, that means we'll have more time together baby" he says to me, trying to find a bright side to the sucky situation.

__

after a couple hours I find myself sitting at home all alone while connor waits at the hospital. the people there said I can't wait there with him so I'm stuck at my place until he's ready to come back home. i really need to get a dog or something.

i start looking on the internet until I find someone who just had a bunch of yorkie puppies and is selling them for pretty cheap. i reach out to her and decide that I will pick up one tomorrow afternoon. since its so short notice I have nothing ready for a puppy, so I start making a list of everything to buy for the puppy, and I start thinking of names for the puppy.

i assumed connor was alseep already since he wasn't answering my texts, so I decide its probably best for me to get some sleep too. it was a pretty rough night, but I know that's what I needed.

I put on a sweat suit and head to the store, buying things like a kennel and food, everything a dog will need. I bring it all to my place and set it up for my new puppy.

connor went into surgery early this morning and they wouldn't let me see him first, so this was a great way to distract myself. I drove to the ladies house who was selling them and I got to meet my new puppy. there was a kennel of about 4 puppies running around. there was one puppy that immediately came up to me and was jumping up on my legs so I picked him up. he started licking my face and that's when I realized he's the one.

on the drive home I thought of a name for my new best friend. after lots of thought I decided on stuart. it just felt right. I brought him into my apartment and let him run around a bit to get used to his new home. once he got all his energy out me and start cuddled while we waited for connor to wake up from his surgery. about an hour later I got a facetime call from him. I picked it up immediately, longing to see him.

"hey baby how you feeling?" I ask him, hoping he's doing alright

"i feel great" he mumbles "the doctors say I'm on drugs" he manages to get out

"are you still high?" I laugh at him as he tries to nod. "I made a new friend, want to meet him?" I say turning the camera to my new puppy.

"oh my gosh isabel is that a pupper?" he groggily asks me

"yes it is! his name is stuart! i thought if were both gonna be home alone a lot it would be nice to have a friend to cheer us up!" I say to him, but notice he's almost fallen asleep on call.

"k connor I'm going let you get some sleep okay? i love you so much!" I say and hang up once he gives me a nod and mumbles "i love you too" back.

————-

yall sorry for abandoning you guys again, this one's short and unedited i jus wanted to get it out there.

thanks sm for 38k, insane!!!

please vote comment and follow!

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 20 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

g o r g e o u s • connor bedard जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें