13

we wake up bright and early, packed up all of our things and headed out. we packed everything into the minivan, and drove to a mcdonald's so we could pick up some breakfast. once again, connors parents insisted on paying for me, which i hate so much. they already let me come with them to nashville, all expenses paid. i feel so bad that they are paying for everything, but they won't let me pay them back. i hate it, and i love it at the same time.

i fall asleep in the car with my earbuds in, playing my sad music playlist. even if i'm not in a sad mood i play the playlist to relax.

connors pov

i look over and see izzy fast asleep, i wonder how long she's been sleeping for. we still have another couple hours until we get back to regina, so i decide to sleep too. technically, it would be quicker for isabel to not even go back to saskatchewan and go straight home, but all her stuff is still at my place so that just means more driving for her. i feel bad making her waste her gas so i'll pitch in for gas money.

next thing i know we pull into my driveway and i'm being rudely awoken by my mom, telling me to wake up izzy. i gently shake her awake, telling her we're home. we get out of the vehicle and unpack everything, everything but isabel's stuff. she finished packing the things at my place, and we got put all her things into her car. i put one of my sweaters in her bag.

"oh i forgot my blanket!" she runs back up to my room and unzips her bag to put it back, but is taken aback by the sight of my sweater. "connor. why is your favourite sweater in my bag?" she asks

"why do you think?" i laugh

"no seriously it's yours"

"but then whenever you feel like im not there with you, you can wear it and its like i am. please take it." i say to her putting my hands on her arms.

"fine." she says as she starts blushing.

i walk her out to her car, getting her ready to leave.

"isabel i'm going to miss you so much," i say as my hand moves to cup her face

"i'm going to miss you too" she says with a tear falling down her face, i take my finger and rub it away. "i love you so much" she says choking up. now i'm almost is tears too.

"i love you too" i say holding back tears. "we'll call, text lots, anything to keep up." i say encouraging her

we finish our goodbyes with a kiss, and next thing i know i see her car drive away. now some tears have fallen down my face. i walk back into the house and walk upstairs without saying anything to my parents.

"hey connor, how you doing?" madi asks walking into my room

"good, now leave" i snap back

"holy shit relax connor" she snaps back

isabel's pov

i watched connor in my rear view mirror watch my drive away. it broke my heart to see him cry, but maybe this time apart will only grow our relationship even more. i put on some taylor swift so calm me, but it only reminds me of him. when gorgeous comes in the queue i belt it out, singing it for connor "if you got a girlfriend i'm jealous of her, but if you're single that's honestly worse, cause you're so gorgeous it actually hurts, honey it hurts" i scream the words down the highway, no one else is around so i don't have to worry about the embarrassment when people is cars beside me judge me singing in my car. "cause your so gorgeous, i can't say anything to your face, cause look at your face"

after several hours and having my own concert, with tears shed, i get home. i get out the vehicle and run inside, but no one's there. the entire house is empty, like entirely. there is no one, not even my dog. i call my mom and she says that they are at my cousins grad party, they thought. would be getting home later so they didn't wait for me. i got all unpacked and settled back into my house, missing connor. i text him and let him know i got home safe, i knew he'd be worrying about me.

while i wait for my family to get home, i get bored so i text my old friend, cassidy.

isabel
hey i'm sorry for everything that happened. can we talk?

cassidy
yeah totally! what's up? also again im really sorry with the way things went down.

me and cassidy decided to hang out, to discuss things in person.

"i'm so sorry isabel, i don't know what happened, i think i was just really tired, and i know that's not a valid excuse for anything that happened, but i hope we can make things work"

we're on better terms now, i was just getting so sick of the whole 'not having friends' thing. cassidy leaves when my partners tell me they are almost home.

my parents get home with chris and skylar, all of them giving me a hug. 

i tell them all about regina and nashville, about the draft and how everything went. after lots of catching up i go up to my room, to wind down.

then a thought hit me. i just graduated, i have no job, what if i moved to chicago with connor?

___
sorry it's another short chapter, butttt we hit 3k reads! thank you so much i didn't expect ppl to actually like it, so thank you. please comment and vote, i love hearing from you guys!

alsoooo i published my first chapter of my jack hughes fan fic "heart break prince" you should go read itttt!