12

i woke up in connors arms this morning, his head in the crook of my neck. we had to start getting ready, but i didn't want to wake up connor. i let him sleep more, i just went on my phone and scrolled through all the pictures we took. i was looking at one of me and connor from last night, when he woke up. his eyes fluttered open and he looked up at me

"good morning sweetheart" i say pressing a soft kiss on his forehead.

"todays the concert right?" connor mumbles in his morning voice "i've lost all concept of time" he says while rubbing his eyes.

"yeah we need to get ready soon so we can drive there"

connor slowly gets out of bed with me, he walks around in just his boxers, sitting on his hips.

"ew, you ever heard of pants?" madi asked visibly disgusted by the sight of connor in his underwear

"yeah yeah i'm getting there" connor says sassily back to her.

we all get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast. the breakfast room is filled with a bunch of guys that got drafted last night, with a family or two in the mix just enjoying a weekend in nashville. we eat our breakfast and head back up to our room, where we start packing.

"make sure to put your concert outfit in a separate bag" i remind connor

"k wait so what's the plan?" he asks me

"well we will start driving home with your parents, and everyone will stop in minneapolis so we can go to the concert, we will stay the night there and drive home tomorrow morning, and then i will get back to your place and repack everything and drive back to manitoba." i explain to connor. he slowly nods trying to take in the entire schedule. then he gets up and hugs me.

"god im going to miss you so much" connor says, almost crying into my shoulder.

"well don't think about that now, let's take in today and worry about that tomorrow" i say trying to lighten the mood. before me and connor can pull away we're met with madi, joining the hug

"i haven't known you for long but i already know i love you and i will miss you probably more than connor" she says slightly laughing. we all laugh away our pain at her sentance.

next thing we know we get a text from connors parents asking if we are almost ready. i was added into the family group chat this week. we finish the last couple things up, like taking the pens and shampoo bottles, and then we meet his parents in the hall. we check out of the hotel and get into their vehicle. me and connor both put in our airpods, but we sync them so we can listen to taylor swift together. i know taylor isn't his favourite, but he knows she's mine so he lets me listen to her all the time. that's why i love him so much.

a couple boring hours pass by, it's felt like a million, but we get to minneapolis. we book into our hotel.

"connor we only have 3 hours until we have to be out the door" i say to him l. he looks at me with a confused look

"is that not a lot?" he says confused

"oh honey, no it's not" i say with my hand on his shoulder. i quickly hop in the shower so i can wash my hair and re get ready.

i get out of the shower and blow dry my hair so i can straighten it. then i get my outfit ready, black jean shorts, a white shirt, and a fedora. i also but on my little black booties, fully embracing the whole red look. next i do my makeup. i do a full face, with some red lips. once i'm all done i walk out of the bathroom, to find connor still in his regular driving clothes. we only have half an hour til we have to leave.

"dude where's your outfit?" i ask him

"in my bag" he says as if it's obvious

"we aren't you changed? we're going to be late!" i say to him

"we still have half an hour, but i'll get ready now just to make you happy" he says walking past me giving me a kiss on the cheek

"thank you baby" i thank him

"damnn you look good!" madisen hypes me up

"thank you" i blush giving a little twirl so she can see the whole fit

"what are you most excited for?" she asks

"all too well 10 minute version" i say without hesitance, smiling thinking about it

"you need to take a video of the entire thing and send it to me PLEASE" madi begs

"don't worry, i will"

"the song is 10 minutes long?" connors mom asks

"yes, she originally wrote it ten minutes and had to cut it down to release it, but when she released taylor's version she releases the whole 10 minutes." i explain

"what's taylor's version?" she asks. me and madi spend the next little while explaining everything to her.

connor comes out of the bathroom less than 5 minutes later, all ready for the concert. he's wearing black straight pants and his black karma shirt, with a fluffy brown flannel, for evermore. we took some pictures together and headed out.

we got to the concert and bought our merch, he bought me the shirt, but he didn't get anything. we got to our spots and got comfy

"sorry they aren't floor seats" he said looking at me

"baby no don't worry about it, these seats are just as good, and plus it's the thought that counts, right?" i say trying to make him feel better.

we start trading all of our bracelets, but connor gives all his to me. i eventually have arms full of friendship bracelets. soon enough the opener comes out, then taylor. everyone goes crazy, including me. we all scream to all the songs, connor laughs at how into it i am. when she plays cruel summer i actually go feral, screaming the lyrics, specifically the bridge. "i love you ain't that the worst thing you've ever heard? HE LOOKS UP GRINNING LIKE A DEVIL" i scream at the top of my lungs.

we get to the speak now era and i go crazy, after all, speak now taylor's version comes out in 13 days, so it's only right to yell. next thing we know the surprise songs are being played, first is dear john! when she starts playing it i go ballistic, it's my favourite song she's ever written, and it's the surprise song for my concert! i start freaking out, realizing the last time she played dear john was in 2012, and wouldn't be live again for a very long time, if ever. who even needs therapy when you have taylor, right? she is my therapy. dear john is my therapy.

then she plays daylight, both of which are songs i'm in love with! i start crying, not the first tiem of the night, but definitely the most emotional of all the cries. at least i thought so, until the 10 minute version all too we'll played, making me sob like a little baby. connor put his arm around me, which made me even more emotional, knowing this might be the last time for a while.

it feels like minutes later the concert is done. it felt the concert barely started, but that's just how amazing she is. me and connor slowly walk back to our vehicle, completely beat. i have almost fully lost my voice, and i'm so tired from jumping all night. once we get back to the hotel connors whole family is still up, waiting to hear about our experience. i empty all the bracelets off my arms and put them in my bag. i didn't have much left makeup to take off, most of it was washed away with my tears. we get in bed, i can hardly stop smiling. embracing the moment. spending time with connor around me, and taylor swift. cant get much better.

___
here's another chapter, it a bit longer than the most recent ones, hopefully you enjoy it! please vote and comment, it means the world to me, thanks for the support 🫶