T w e n t y

The room was small but inviting, very tidy and clean

The room was small but inviting, very tidy and clean. A bed was tucked against the left wall, with a dressing table right next to it, the study table amid the two sash window and a clusters of books placed over the table.

Rain pattered against the window doors, making them rattle slightly. On the right side of the room, a small bookcase stood beside a computer table, with a cupboard completing the space.

Jimin headed towards the cupboard, he rummaged through the cluster of his clothes
After a few seconds of struggle, he grabbed a grey sweatpants and a hoodie, throwing towards Taehyung he said, "Take this...it's over size so I didn't use it"

Taehyung held out his hand to take the clothes, but he seemed unsure. His eyes glued to Jimin, who picked out bright yellow pajamas for himself.

Taehyung's mind raced. He kept replaying the moment they shared just a few minutes ago. "Should I say something about it?" he thought worriedly.

Jimin turned back, " Why you're still there? Wanna catch cold? Go get change, you'll find restroom right beside my room" He suggested, suddenly Jimin sneezed and Taehyung found him adorable.

Taehyung suppressed his smile, "I...I..." He stammered, hands ruffling the back of his hair, "I like when we kissed" He said chewing his lower lip and then quickly made his way out of the room.

Jimin freezed at his spot, trying to find out the way to react but his heartbeat raised again. The butterflies twisted in his stomach and his cheek turned in a shade of blossom.

"What's wrong with me?" He murmured, then exhaled a deep breath, Taehyung's sudden confession made him flustered and it took him almost twenty minutes to calm his ridiculous emotions down and headed outside of the room.

Taehyung had already changed in the meantime, and his expression seemed colder compared to Jimin, as if Taehyung is expert in confessing his love.

"Let's pretend to be normal" Jimin said, "We can talk about this later" He suggested, trying to control his expression.

Taehyung nodded in agreement, still not able to believed that he kissed a guy and told him that he liked it.

+++

After an hour of wait, Mrs

After an hour of wait, Mrs. Park placed the two bowls of kimchi stew with boiled rice and fried eggs.

"Don't feel shy, just dig in" Jimin comforted, mouth full of rice and eggs, "Mom it's so delicious" He passed a compliment, tilted his head towards his right.

Taehyung widened his eyes as he grabbed a small bite of Kimchi stew, "It's honestly delicious...more than the food our home chef make everyday" He said slurping the soup.

Mr. And Mrs park glanced at Taehyung endearingly, "Then don't hesitated when you feel hungry...come and join us in dinner whenever you desires" Mrs. Park suggested.

Taehyung tentatively finished his dinner so as Jimin, while Mr. And Mrs Park inquired Taehyung at first, then they told him, how constantly Jimin shared each story about him. Jimin had no choice besides to feel embarrassed, the conversation was now shifted about Jimin and his silly acts at home.

Taehyung felt as if he had knew Jimin and his parents since a long time, the shared laughter, little stories, and how deeply Mr. And Mrs. Park seemed in love with each other, Taehyung observed each moment, realizing the difference between the suffocated life of his luxurious home and an ordinary life Jimin has been living at such two story building.

After the dinner, Mr. Park left for their restaurant to finish some work, Mrs. Park headed to the kitchen to washed the dishes, Taehyung insisted to help her but she denied.

"At least let me dry these dishes for you" Taehyung said grabbing the plate and a handkerchief.

Jimin in the meantime headed upstairs to his room to make a separate bed for Taehyung.

"Thanks for protecting Jimin in school" Mrs. Park said, she turned towards Taehyung and gazed at him with her teary eyes, but she let the tap opened to prevent their conversation to go outside.

Taehyung could observed the eagerness to talk about Jimin, he paid full attention to her.

"Our Jiminie went through a lot during his childhood days" As Mrs. Park began to speak, her voice quivered, "He doesn't remember anything but that incident left him permanent scars not just in his body but on his mind as well" She continued, "So he need therapy session time to time" She pondered over her thought to reveal so much about Jimin, but as her eyes met with Taehyung's, she saw a glint of tears appearing in his eyes.

Taehyung wanted to know about the incident, that led Jimin earned that painful scars, but he wasn't in a position to investigate someone's past when he was still dealing with the consequences of his brother's demise.

"I saw those scars," Taehyung shortly replied, "And he often gets panicked in school over little things so I believed that incident is responsible" He said.

Mrs. Park nodded, "We can't tell him anything since it could be danger for him to recollect all those memories" She said, taking a deep breath, Mrs. Park grabbed Taehyung's hand in a requesting manners, "The reason why I'm telling you all this is, I have a favor to ask" She said.

"Just tell me I'll do anything for him" Taehyung replied desperately, he squeezed her hand and encouraged her to speak, " Just consider me your another son and tell me what I can do for him"

Mrs. Park exhaled a long breath, as if she's collecting the words to speak, then after a few seconds of pause she spoke up, "Jimin has PTSD, and he need to restart his therapy session again since he's getting nightmares again and he got agreed when we asked but he's avoiding" She said helplessly, "He's afraid that if anyone finds out about his therapy in school then they'll make fun on him"

Taehyung looked bewildered at the moment, the revelation about Jimin being diagnosed with PTSD led his mind tangled even further, he got another puzzle piece, another similarity between Jimin and his brother.

"Don't worry Mrs. Park" Taehyung comforted, "I'll convince him" He said, then after pondering over the thought, he made a promise, "And one more thing, I'm gonna protect him at any cost" Taehyung didn't know why he told them to protect but he observed a sense of relief in her eyes as she nodded her head and endearingly caressed his cheek, then suddenly the lights went off and someone knocked on the door.