Chapter Seven: Zane

Zane and Sia were leaning forward on the steel fence, while they saw the beautiful moment of sun sinking into the sea, though Zane was mostly looking at Sia. Sia loved things like this, she was on her toes, hoping to see the sun more before it set.

Zane watched as a breeze wind brushed a curl of her dark hair from her face. Sia's sapphire-blue eyes looked like they were on fire as the red radiance from the sunset hit her. This was one of the moments Zane would die to see again.

“We came up here to watch the sunset, right?” Sia said shifting her eyes to him.

“No” Zane said, two of his fingers tucked her hair behind her ear.“You came up here to watch the sunset.” he paused and gently laughed, then continued,“I came here to watch you”

Sia laughed,“I'm not a kid, idiot. I can watch myself”

Zane said,“Maybe, but from what i see, if i don't watch you, you are gonna sink into the sea with the sun.”

Sia stood properly,“Well watch out then, there's a chance I'll fall down to the ship, too” she said and pretended like she was going to fall down on her back. Then she slipped and would've been down if Zane's hand weren't there to hold her back and there was a sweet moment of silence, when only their eyes talked and not their mouths. Zane's brown eyes looked deep into Sia's deep blue eyes just like the sea.

An alarming noise of a ringtone from Zane's phone interrupted the moment. He wanted to throw it away to the sea, but he checked and saw it was Ron. Sia stood up while Zane took the call, and moved a few steps away and talked to Ron.

Zane came back to Sia and she asked,“Who was it?”

Zane answered,“It's just Ron, he's going to take a nap so he wanted me to wake him up when we're gonna have dinner”

Sia nodded in agreement.

      __________________________

It was dark already and the moon came up. Zane checked the time on his phone: 7:50pm

“Let's go down, dinner will be served in ten minutes” Zane said then turned and started walking, Sia followed.

Knock, knock. Zane rapped on the door of Ron's room, where he was supposed to be sleeping. Then finding the door unlocked, he let himself in. What he saw inside made his heart race; Ron was sprawled on the floor, and the bed was a disheveled mess.

“Ron, what the hell happened here, man” he screamed as he sat beside Ron, gently slapping his face to wake him up. Tears formed in his eyes. Quickly he ran to get some water and splashed on Ron's face. Ron woke up, his eyes not fully opening and his expression dazed, as if he were still trying to shake off a hazy sensation in his mind.

“Take it easy” Zane advised as Ron tried to stand up. He helped Ron to sit on to the rumpled bed. Ron reached out, indicating he needed water. Zane grabbed the water bottle and handed it to Ron, who drank from it hurriedly that he spilled some on to himself.

Ron stopped drinking and took deep, slow breaths. Zane thought he was fine then and it's okay to ask what happened.

“I hope you remember what happened?” Zane asked giving him time to remember correctly.

“I had a nightmare, that's all” Ron said looking down.

Zane frowned at Ron as he heard it, he noted Ron was trying to avoid eye contact.“Seriously? A nightmare? how can a nightmare do all this?” he asked.

Ron moved to the door and stood with his back turned to Zane and said,“I don't know, maybe i moved too much in bed and fell down, hit my head and fainted” he was almost out of the room, when he said,“Don't worry about it” and went downstairs, shutting the door behind him.

Zane sat on the bed alone in the room, staring at the closed door with confusion and disbelief. His heart was still pounding. He decided to go downstairs, have dinner and just sleep off the night.