29

6k words! This isn't really my fav chapter lol but comment please. 

════════════════

|4 years ago — June 27, 2024|

Although I walked out on Cyrus pretty easily, a bigger part of me always regretted not taking advantage of the situation. Maybe I should have told him my name. Maybe I should have taken his number. Maybe I should have asked him to come on a date with me.

It was rather strange how these thoughts plagued me every night all these months, even when I long made peace with the fact that Romeo was my true love.

"That girl doesn't love you, Boss. She might be blinding your eyes while her brother is actively trying to kill you." A bellow from the adjacent room made me snap out of my reverie. Keeping the camera down, I stepped out of Romeo's room, curious to see whom Mason was yelling about.

"Shut up, Mason!" Romeo yelled, louder than his bodyguard. Just as my footsteps reached the doorframe, his eyes softened, and he smiled. "Are you disturbed, sunshine?"

"What's happening here?" I enquired, eyes scanning the way Mason's body was coiled with rage.

"Shouldn't you be answering that, you slut?" Mason's fingers wrapped behind the nape of my neck.

Even before my instincts could kick in, Romeo smacked Mason across the face, sending the bodyguard stumbling behind.

He then took me into his embrace, fingers rubbing my nape softly. "I'm sorry, baby girl."

It took me a solid minute to realize what Mason had meant. That girl doesn't love you, Boss... She might be blinding your eyes while her brother is actively trying to kill you.

Why was he accusing me of not loving Romeo?

Freeing myself from Romeo's embrace, I stalked towards Mason, crossing my arms and straightening my spine as much as I could. "What is your problem with me?"

"The fact that you're making a fool out of him and pretending to not know how your brother is hurting Romeo? You know that your brother was going to shoot Romeo last night, didn't you? You also know that he escaped at the last minute and got shot in his right arm, didn't you?" His body shook with rage. "So why are you pretending to be in love with him, you slut?"

"Mason, she doesn't know." Romeo hissed from beside.

Shock ricocheted through my body before my eyes flung to Romeo's right arm. Walking up to him, I frantically pushed his sleeve up to his forearm, only to find it wrapped in a white bandage.

"No! Hayden can't do that." I mumbled, unable to make sense of the feelings of betrayal, rage, and hurt. "My brother won't do that."

"Did you see that pretense, Boss?" Mason mocked while Marcus just observed clinically.

"Romeo, you've got to believe me. I don't think Hayden did this... I-" I pleaded, wrapping my fingers around Romeo's left hand. "You can't retaliate. I'll talk to Hayden."

Mason clutched my nape, wrenching me away from Romeo. "I never truly believed you, you witch. I always knew this was your plan."

"No! I didn't plan any of this. Why would I hurt the man I love?" I glared at Mason.

"Love?" Mason emitted a scoff tinged with mockery. "I always knew why you slept with him. You blinded his eyes with your pussy, you witch!"

"Shut the fuck up, Mason." Romeo steps forward. "I hate to break it to you, but it was your brother, sunshine. I know this will hurt you, which is why I kept it as a secret."