02

How is the new cover?

This damn book was supposed to have smut in the prologue according to chronological order but I pushed it back to Ch 5 LMAO

edit: It's chapter 4 lol

════════════════

White doesn't suit you, baby girl.

Baby girl, my arse! Fuck every blighter trying to tell me what suits me and what doesn't.

Call me narcissistic, but I knew I was blessed in the beauty department. I rarely felt insecure about my looks or ever let anyone tell me otherwise. Not that anyone ever did. If my memory served correctly, females of my family envied and males praised me for my looks. While most women might have felt overwhelmed to stand out in a crowd, I embraced that attention with my finesse.

There were a handful of hues that countervailed the brightness of my hair and highlighted my skin tone. And the ivory tone was the best to create such pleasant harmony. When wrapped in soft tones of white, all my rebelliousness and sinfulness shrouded, I looked exquisite. So, I wore white today despite yesterday's anonymous message.

The long-sleeved, crisp white jumpsuit cinched by a gray belt complimented my figure. The golden rings that tricked out my fingers disparaged Romeo's ring while my gray silhouettes added a few more inches to my height. My blonde hair was in a ponytail and my lips were smeared in tea rose lipstick. I know I looked subtle and soft.

"You look sexy like a wife of mine should." Romeo's voice interspersed my happy mojo. His hand slid around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest.

Fighting an eye roll, I looked down at Romeo (since the bastard was shorter than me when I wore my heels) and pushed his hand away. "PDA isn't my thing, Romeo. You want this to work, then fulfill my demands."

"I thought I did when I fucked you all night..." he mused, a conceited smirk playing on his lips.

So much boasting for a rape.

"Let's get this over with," I declared as the elevator door yawned open and the commotion from Hodophile's Holdings greeted me in full swing.

Hodophile's Holdings Inc.

A reputed American travel agency that owned and operated travel fare aggregators and travel fare metasearch engines across the globe. The Los Angeles branch, seamlessly sprawled on acres of land, wasn't just the biggest branch, but it also served as the headquarters, since the two founding partners used it as a home base.

Or rather, one. Cyrus Hudson, the CEO of Hodophile's holdings Inc, my hot arsehole neighbor.

His cousin, Tyrone Grant, had made himself out of the picture by giving all his shares to his lover, Celestina Irwine, who, by the way, was empathy in flesh. She had set up Threads Of Hope, a rehabilitation center in Malibu, and had been spending all the profits to her name on that rehabilitation center while she pursued her degree in political science. So, Cyrus was the only man running the show.