14

If you're still waiting for update on this book then I love you so much LMAO

This doesn't have smut lol... The chapter was ridiculously long so I had to split it.

════════════════

It was said the intimacy of a sexual experience caused people to feel attached to someone who they had sex with, and maybe it was what I had once felt for Tyrone, who had been cheated on by his late ex, Eloisa Halifax. Maybe it was the fact that my ex, Owen, had sought Eloisa - my cousin - behind my back, which made me relate to Tyrone's heartbreak and I had deluded myself into thinking I had loved him. I had no proper memories of sexual encounters with Tyrone, but all I knew was he had fucked and had left - never looking back to see what more I was willing to offer him.

Even if initially it felt insulting, I had leaned one thing. It was to never wait behind after a fuck. Science said, Oxytocin was released into the body during intercourse, a hormone which was linked to "bonding, trust, and loyalty", none of which I never craved from any man, which was why I made it a habit to leave before I was asked to leave or extended a card to wait for more.

So, I did the same with Cyrus Hudson.

I had left him.

Nothing had proved my life totally miserable until I had to attend a politician's birthday bash as Talin's date. Tim Shelby, Xayvion Shelby's father, as the senator of the State was certainly all about grandeur and appearances.

Like any Elite party, the grand hall was spruced up to perfection. One corner of the hall hosted an open bar leading to the dining area while the other end paved the way to the corridor of the hotel. The ensemble of singers occupied the dais, which was fixed to the other wall of the room. A cluster of tables were arranged in circulation formation around beneath which ran a red carpet rug on the gleaming floors, and lush velvet drapes framed floor-to-ceiling windows boasting breath-taking views of Los Angeles' iconic skyline.

"Who is this lovely woman on your arm?" A masculine hand landed on the curve of my ass.

Every fiber in my body went rigid as my eyes drifted to the man's face. Billy Bates was Talin's ex-boyfriend. His short figure was clad in an expensive suit that stretched over his weathered skin. A wretched scent of gin pricked my nostrils.

Narrowing my eyes on him, blood pounding with rage, I waited for memories to piece back into my mind so I could shrivel with shiver panicked nerves or for flames of resentment to push my claws out so I could gut the pedophile who had never been punished for molesting a sixteen-year-old self.

As if ice froze my receptor nerves, I felt nothing.

"This is Corrine. You didn't forget her, did you?" Talin's smile widened, eyes oblivious to the hand on my ass, just like they had been oblivious the night he had played with me.

Nothing really happened that night except he had whispered sleep nothings in my ear, had stripped me of my clothes and had made me suck him. He had told me it was too early to deflower me and had assured me to wait until I was of the right age. How tragic. My late ex, Owen Kyle Grant, hadn't felt the need to wait.

And even more tragic was the fact that had I not had a habit of jotting everything down in a diary, I would've never been able to know the little bits of my past after my memory loss. Those diaries I had written helped me recollect whatever I had remembered today when I had read them after my accident.

"You smell delicious. What's your perfume, baby girl?" Billy snickered, moving closer to me.

"Swine's shit, uncle Bates." A grin left my lips, worms crawling up on my skin. "I'm joking, obviously. Could you please move aside? Wouldn't want your dandruff all over my gucchi."