05

The response from last chapter is surprisingly nice lmao

Did I mention Cor has a dirty mind?

════════════════

Cyrus Hudson was a cross between a lone wolf and a perfectionist. He carried the burden of his tedious job on his shoulders with such confidence and control that it wasn't humanly possible. He was overly critical and never let anyone smother him. For someone who craved so much control, he strangely had no problems giving a few reins to a British business titan.

I couldn't just fathom why.

My boss was a mystery.

Yes, he was my boss now. Despite my best attempts at getting under his skin, I didn't succeed much. When I had reminded him that he owed me an orgasm, he had simply given me another one of his typical—Cyrus—austere speeches about a professional relationship and left. Despite Romeo's initial disapproval, I had managed to get him to agree, assuring him that I'll have to learn the basics first.

So far, I was doing fine in this assisting department, excluding Cyrus' reproval whenever I did something wrong due to inexperience.

Like in the morning when I had been fifteen minutes late consciously and had got him a coffee with 45 grams of sugar not so accidentally, I had expected him to yell or shout or slip out of his controlled skin. No such luck, though. He had Juniper fetch him another cup of coffee and had even started praising her in his professional terminology, which was quite dramatic in my point of view.

I hated him more for how he wordlessly hinted at Juniper being his best assistant. It made me want to rip the hair out of someone's head — preferably Juniper's. He knew how to hit me in the gut without even glancing my way. Fucking wanker!

Since I didn't want to give Juniper the satisfaction of seeing Cyrus calling me incompetent, I focused on my task of answering his emails and even proofreading the contract he had sent me. As soon as I was done, I handed it to him and patiently waited for his critique while his eyes ran over the document.

"Clause 20b, Miss Halifax." He announced in that orderly hollow voice of his. "A term which has clear potential to upset the balance of the contract to the consumer's disadvantage."

"It doesn't have any such clause! I read it thrice before bringing it to you," I argued, narrowing my eyes on him.

"Each Term shall automatically renew for subsequent periods of the same length as the Initial Term unless either party gives the other written notice of termination at least five (5) days prior to the expiration of the then-current Term," he read it out loud. "Five days to give them a written notice. Don't you see how unreliable this clause is?"

Oh, shit.

"Send the file to Miss Brown's office. She is an expert at identifying suspicious clauses." He donned a mask of disdain. Miss Brown. Miss fucking Juniper fucking brown.