33 ¶¶ MISS YOU

~*~
ASHLEY

"
I picked up my bag from the driver's seat, my heart skipping a beat as I spotted Jayden standing just outside his apartment. His effortless charm was on full display, with one hand casually tucked into the pocket of his jeans while the other scrolled through his phone. His hair was tousled yet impeccably styled, a perfect blend of casual and chic.

Over the past few days, Jayden and I had managed to maintain a civil relationship, but his sudden invitation to hang out caught me off guard. Usually, our interactions revolved around our Jordan, but this time, there was something different in the air.

Curiosity got the best of me, so instead of declining, I decided to go along with it and drove to his apartment.

"What's this about?" I asked, noting his slightly more dressed-up appearance as he gestured towards his car, parked next to mine.

"Come on," he replied, evading my question as he ushered me into his car.

As we drove, I couldn't help but notice Jayden's magnetic presence, even as he kept me in suspense. His attractiveness was undeniable, even in moments like these when he wasn't even trying.

"You still haven't answered my question," I pressed, after a few minutes of silence, save for the soft hum of the engine.

"Patience," he said with a grin, his voice low and teasing, only adding to my frustration.

We arrived at a trendy restaurant, and I shot Jayden a questioning look, to which he simply grinned in response.

He opened the car door for me again and I got out. His hand rested on the small of my back and I suddenly grew stiff.

Any other time I would have shrugged out of his grip but his touch was warm and whether or not I wanted to admit, I've been craving it.

Inside, the ambiance was cozy and  with dim lighting. I noticed the lack of customers and few staff. Sure it was late but people ought to be bustling in and out of it, unless....

Jayden led me to a secluded booth, and as we settled in, he called for a waiter and the whispered something in his ear.

"Don't I get a chance to order something?" I cocked a brow.

At this point I think I already had a glimpse of whatever was going on.

"Just trust me on this okay." He smiled at me and I had to resist the urge to smile back before feigning indifference.

Almost right after the waiter brought a plate of Alaskan King Crab Legs alongside sweet molasses brown bread.

My mouth instantly watered and butterflies immediately swarmed my stomach.

Jayden used to get this for me when we were dating mostly when he fucked up. He still knew I couldn't resist King Crab.

I glanced up at him only to find him looking at me as if waiting for a reaction from me. He averted his eyes almost as quickly as they met mine with a bit of pink against his cheeks.

A smile unknowningly crept to my lips, maybe this wasn't going to be a bad evening after all.

~*~
Few minutes of cracking crab legs, and laughing, whatever ever tension I felt was long gone.

As the evening wore on, I found myself enjoying his company more than I had anticipated, feeling a sense of familiarity and comfort that I hadn't felt in years.

And as we shared dessert, our laughter mingling with the soft music playing in the background, I found myself missing these moments we had together.

"Speaking of your mum, how is she?"