28 ¶¶ BIT OF A FUCK UP

~*~
JAYDEN

"

"Jin are you sure about this? Ash is definitely not the type to swoon over accessories and sweets."

He sighed for umpteenth time. "Positive boss. Since your methods of calling her with different cell numbers didn't work we might as well try mine."

I scoffed. "Watch your mouth Jin, don't forget, I'm signing your paychecks." I said that jokingly but that seemed to shut Jin up.

To say I fxxked up would be an understatement. Ashley basically just started tolerating me and I had to just ruin everything again.

Something is definitely wrong with me.

I tried, continuously, calling and texting her but at some point the calls stopped connecting and the texts well they remained unread.

So I resorted to using different numbers to reach her, which obviously didn't work.

So Jin suggested that I give her something called a peace offering, which included jewelry, little bit of sweet tooth and a touching note.

At the jewelry part I may have gone a bit over board trying to get a bracelet that would outshine the one Kyle gave her.

Pathetic, I'm aware

But I did find the one that went a bit with what I had in mind, so I bought that.

Jin took a turn and parked properly. From my seat I could spot Ashley's company.

"Okay, give the package to the guy outside and he ought to pass it to her."

"And what if he asks who it's from?"

"Just say you. Ashley will definitely know it's from me."

He nodded in understanding and got out while I waited impatiently in the car.

~*~

"Sir you shouldn't be drinking. You know that." Jin came in my way in order to stop me from reaching for my bottle of gin.

"I am not a baby Jin. Out of my way." I said the last part sternly and very slow so it sank in.

He gulped but he didn't move. "I'm sorry sir, but you don't expect me to watch you h...."

"Jin.."

"Dr Lance clearly said you couldn't have..."

"Shut up." I pushed him out of the way and took the bottle.

"Sir, this may cause serious complications for your health." He was walked behind as.o was speed walking away from him.

I scoffed. "Like I care." I loosened a few more buttons from my shirt.

I was pretty sure it was the alcohol talking but who cares? I missed this, that bittersweet taste of amber liquid.

It's been five years since I touched alcohol. Five whole years.

"Think about Mrs Park, boss." He tried patronizing me. "And your brother."

I haven't even spoken to Kwan in weeks.

I ignored him and pushed open the door that let to the swimming area of the mansion while taking gulp of the gin in my hands.

"And what about Little Miss Park and Mi...."

That got me flared up because I immediately to turned to Jin. "In case you have fxxking noticed, Ashley doesn't want me around her or my daughter, you know why? Because I'm a fxxk up. The only thing I'm good at, is destroying everything good that I have. I make everyone around me overthink and stressed out. Mum, Kwan, Ashley, even you." I sighed and turned away from him. "So just let me do it in peace." I walked away from him.