15 | My someone special?

| RESHMI |

Angad and Vikram's dance was hilarious! They couldn't stop giving each other funny looks and occasionally cracked up mid-performance. It was so funny!

Everyone was dancing on stage as the event wrapped up, with some starting to leave. I noticed Kiara enjoying samosas while seated in one of the teachers' chairs.

I looked at Vikram, laughing and bouncing around the seniors in his flashy white suit. He... he looked like a prince, ugh, why am I even thinking that?!

The soft yellow light illuminated his features just right, highlighting those beautiful green eyes of his. Almost instinctively, my hand reached for my bag, pulling out my phone without me even realizing it. With a quick motion, I aimed the camera at Vikram, wanting to capture the moment's charm.

The lens focused on him, and a small smile tugged at my lips as I watched him grin and squint against the light. Just as I was about to capture the moment, his eyes met mine, causing me to gasp. Despite my surprise, I clicked the picture and quickly looked away.

As my heart thumped loudly in my chest, I slowly shifted my gaze towards the picture I had just clicked. My fingers trembled slightly as I tapped on the screen, bringing the image into focus. There he was, Vikram, frozen in time with that infectious grin of his, his eyes sparkling under the gentle glow of the yellow light.

As I turned around to look at Vikram, my eyes caught sight of him laughing with Aanya, exchanging jokes and playful banter. A pang of jealousy shot through me momentarily, but I quickly brushed it aside, reminding myself that… that he's my enemy.

Yet, a small knot formed in my stomach as I watched them, wondering what they were talking about and why Vikram seemed so at ease with her.

I turned around and swiftly made my way out of the auditorium hall, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside me. Finding a quiet spot on one of the stairs, I sank down, trying to calm the turmoil in my mind. Just as I closed my eyes, I sensed someone standing beside me.

Glancing up, I saw Vikram, his presence catching me off guard he slowly sat beside me. For a moment, we sat in silence, the tension palpable between us. Finally, he spoke, his voice breaking the quietude of the moment.

"My face is itching..." Vikram muttered.

I couldn't help but suppress a smile, focusing my gaze ahead. I could sense Vikram grinning beside me.

Without fully turning to him, I replied, "Well, go clean it off with micellar water then. The show's done.”

He turned to me with a serious expression, "Which water?" he asked, his frown getting even deeper.

So adorable.

I shook my head in disbelief and shot him a look before turning away. "Uh, it's kinda like a makeup remover—"

"Then why not just say 'makeup remover'?! What's with this micellar water thing? I almost thought it was some fancy bottled water brand!" he exclaimed in one breath.

Vikram couldn't resist teasing me further. "Seriously, Chandramukhi, why do you girls always give fancy, stupid names to every single product? Micellar water? Sounds like something out of a science experiment!"

I rolled my eyes at his words.

He chuckled, shaking his head as if he said a very funny thing, which he did… not!