11 | Drama hi Drama.

| AUTHOR |

"It's just not working! What... what kind of dance is this! Why do I have to hold onto his waist!!!" Vikram exclaimed before flopping himself on the floor. Angad glanced at him and let out a sigh before taking a seat beside him.

"I don't want to do it either! These dance steps are so weird!"

The seniors exchanged glances before turning their attention back to Vikram and Angad. "That's how a prince and a princess dance, and you both have to do it anyway," Ritwik said in a firm voice.

"Alright, if the dance isn't working out, let's focus on another scene for now," Shristi suggested, her tone gentle but firm.

Vikram and Angad exchanged relieved looks, grateful for the reprieve from the awkward dance. "Thank you di!" Vikram exclaimed.

She nodded before flipping through the script, searching for an alternative scene to practice. "Ah, here's one," she said, pointing to a passage in the script. "Let's practice the part where the stepsisters tell Cinderella to do their chores."

Ritwik cleared his throat, calling out to the remaining participants. "Kiara! Aanya! Come to the stage."

Kiara looked disappointed; she had hoped to play the fairy godmother but ended up as one of the stepsisters. Glancing at Aanya, she could tell Aanya was frustrated too.

"I'm sure you'll act absolutely fantastic," Kiara quipped with a sarcastic grin, catching Aanya's attention.

Aanya turned to her with a scowl and asked, "Why do you think so?"

Kiara chuckled, her eyes sparkling mischievously. "Well, you know, your personality already matches that of the stepsister perfectly."

Aanya's scowl deepened at the remark. "Ha ha, very funny," she replied, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

The seniors, noticing the exchange between Kiara and Aanya, called out to them again, urging them to join the rehearsal.

"Come on, Kiara, Aanya, we need you on stage," Ritwik called out, gesturing for them to join the rest of the participants.

Kiara and Aanya exchanged fiery glances before making their way to the stage.

"Alright, Kiara and Aanya, we'll be practicing the scene where the step-sisters interact with Cinderella," Shristi explained. "Kiara, you'll be playing the role of Anastasia, and Aanya, you'll be Drizella."

"Okay, let's begin," Ritwik announced, gesturing for them to start the scene.

Kiara and Aanya exchanged a brief glance before launching into their lines, their voices filling the room as they slipped effortlessly into their characters.

"Drizella, have you seen my pearl necklace?" Kiara, as Anastasia, demanded, her tone laced with annoyance.

Aanya, as Drizella, shook her head, her expression a mix of irritation and indifference. "No, Anastasia, I haven't," she replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Cinderella!!!"

"Cinderella!"

"Ye dono kitna chillate hai yaar!" Angad muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes before dashing towards the center of the stage.

"Yes?"

🍀

| VIKRAM |

I glanced at Angad, then at Ritwik and Shristi, wondering how they saw Cinderella in him. But thank God they did, also I had no other choice but to choose him because I definitely didn't want Aanya to be my princess.