06 | Seat plan.

| RESHMI |

Upon entering the classroom, Mrs. Gupta instructed us to write our names on a piece of paper, fold it neatly, and hand it to her. As we followed her directions, she organized the names, placing the girls' and boys' names in separate bowls.

Mrs. Gupta randomly selected chits from both bowls and announced, "Satyam and Divya, please move to the front." I wondered why she was rearranging our seats; I didn't want to be separated from Kiara, she's my only friend in the class.

As everyone settled into their seats, my name was called along with Angad's. I glanced at the boy I was about to sit beside, realizing he was Vikram's friend. Feeling a bit disappointed, I exchanged a sad look with Kiara before making my way to the fourth desk.

I took a seat near the window, getting ready to organize my books when Vikram's friend then settled down next to me.

"Bro! We got separated."

"You're literally sitting just behind me, bro."

I didn't immediately notice Vikram settling in behind him as I focused on arranging my books. I slowly turned around, catching sight of Vikram with a pout while talking to Angad, are they just friends? I should stop.

As I was about to shift my gaze away, he turned his eyes towards me. Instantly, he adopted a serious expression and trust me, this guy's serious looks are like comedians. I shot him a raised-eyebrow, "what?" Vikram didn't reply to me and just leaned back in his chair, giving me an irritating confident look.

"What what? Chandramukhi?"

Ugh, I rolled my eyes so hard, I think I saw my own brain. Seriously, why is he as annoying as a stinky sock in the laundry? I'm really tempted to invent a mute button for people.

People are annoying.

After arranging everyone's seat, the chemistry class finally started. We learn the mole concept today, it is a fundamental concept in chemistry that helps in quantifying the amount of substance.

One mole is defined as the amount of substance that contains the same number of entities, such as atoms, molecules, or ions, as there are in 12 grams of carbon-12. This number is approximately 6.022 x 10^23 and is known as Avogadro's number.

Using the mole concept, it becomes easier to express and work with the amount of substances on a macroscopic scale, especially in chemical reactions. The unit "mole" is analogous to other counting units like dozen or gross but is on a much larger scale due to the minuscule size of atoms and molecules.

The topic was easy, and as it finally wrapped up, I reluctantly started highlighting key words. A shadow fell over my book from behind, and I recognized him immediately. He scoffed, "Do you really have to highlight all these? Wow."

His comment lingered, adding to my annoyance. Why can't he just keep his distance and focus on his own work? It's aggravating when someone I dislike intentionally comes closer just to make things even more irritating.

I shot him an annoyed glance over my shoulder. "Why do you always have to stick your nose where it doesn't belong?" I snapped, slamming the book shut and shoving it into my bag. Vikram, with a smirk playing on his lips, leaned in a bit closer.

"Because... I enjoy annoying you, and your angry expression afterward, like an angry bull, is just hilarious!"

I swear I'll teach him a lesson.

I kept my mouth shut and averted my gaze from him, despite his supposedly cute and adorable face with those green orbs and thick eyelashes, perfect eyebrows and everything. But, ugh, his personality! He's a devil disguised as an angel. Disgusting!